Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Default Yvonne Yu Vaughan

[Your Information]
Name: Crystalcat
Contact: PM, emmapicott@gmail.com or cattyqueen@hotmail.co.uk , my plot page, or even in the Chat box! =^.^=

[Public Application]

Character Name: Yvonne Yu Vaughan
Character Age: 39 years old
Birthday (including year): 09/06/202
Home Castle/City: Fandinas of Cnaith
House Yvonne was not born to the House of Vaughan, but instead earned her place through the Sh Ni Xin.

Player Base: Song Hye-Gyo
Appearance:

Yvonne hates skirts and dresses, preferring to wear clothes of her own design that consist of a pair of leather trousers, leather knee high boots with a turned-down cuff, a wide leather belt from which hangs her straight sword and one of the many daggers she keeps hidden on her person, and the two Iron Fans that she is proficient with.

A small piece of silk hangs down from her belt, concealing her genitals from view-not because she wants others to feel more comfortable, but because if she didn't it would draw much unwanted attention from any men she may be in contact with. Her shirts tend to be loose silk, giving her freedom of movement and even more places to hide daggers at the same time.

Standing at about five foot eight inches, Yvonne has a natural grace all her own, and has been described in the past as being more like a dancer than a fighter-a comment she actually sees as an insult and generally reacts to by using the speaker as target practice.

Personality:

Yvonne is not the nicest of women, and has been known to deliberately be cruel to other people. In fact, she finds enjoyment in it, and will set out to use any prisoners that may be in the Castle dungeons as target practice for her dagger throwing skills-a skill that she has honed as perfectly as she can and takes great pride in, too.

When angry, Yvonne gets even worse-she will go into an ice-cold rage, where she will literally melt into the shadows and wait for a chance to strike. The instant her chance comes, the person who ignited her fury is dead-no mess, no fuss, they're just gone.

There is very few people that Yvonne respects, but the Matriarch, Bianca Lanfen Vaughan, is at the very top of that list. While she is willing to back down to any member of the Clan that has proven themselves stronger than her, Bianca is the only one that she will kneel to in any way or form. On the other side of the coin, however, is her absolute hate of men, something that she makes no secret of, and the only reason she married her husband is because she was asked to in order to help strengthen the Vaughan name.

This marriage has produced the only person that Yvonne has ever been kind to-her daughter, Sonia Xiang Vaughan. Yvonne dotes on her daughter, and spends as much time with the girl as she possibly can when she isn't honing her skills, carrying out her responsibilities, or meditating.

History:

Born to a pair of servants that worked in Fandinas Castle, Yvonne grew up knowing exactly what she wanted to be. At the age of six, she entered the Black Lotus Clan and began training for the first trial of Sh Ni Xin, refusing to give up, even when her parents told her that she was no good as a fighter and would never make it.

When she was ten, she proved them wrong at long last by surviving for an entire month on her own in the wilderness-when she returned, she was wearing a bear's skin, one that she had hunted down and prepared herself, as the weather on the mountain had been cold and she had known she would freeze to death otherwise.

Having passed the first trial, Yvonne threw herself into the next stage of training, honing her skills with the dagger-both held and thrown-the straight sword, and the Iron Fans that she would come to be a true master of in the coming years. It was during this time, at the age of thirteen, that her hatred of men came to a head-one evening, she came face to face with a rapist that had been roaming the city.

Yvonne escaped with her life-the man did not. However, Yvonne wasn't left completely untouched, and now she focused on her skills not just to escape the circumstances of her birth, but so she would never again be so weak when fighting against a man. Her focus didn't go unnoticed, as she was truly single minded with her goals, but as this helped in the long term of her training, nothing was said on the matter.

On turning fourteen, Yvonne was pitted against the other girls in the yearly tournaments, and she quickly excelled in them, rising up further each year as she worked her body as hard as she could in order to be the best she possibly could. She loved these tournaments, as it was a way of testing the skills she had already learned-and of honing them even further than she already had.

Now aged twenty, she faced Aerona in the fight that would show whether or not she would earn her middle name at long last. Yvonne put everything she had learned into the fight against the older woman, and although she was, eventually, defeated, she felt satisfied in that she had done the best she possibly could throughout the battle. She was rewarded for her effort when Aerona bestowed the middle name 'Yu' on Yvonne, and in that moment, Yvonne felt happier than she could ever remember feeling.

A year went by without incident, until one day when she was told that, in order to help strengthen the Vaughan family's political positioning, she needed to marry a man that she had never met before. Yvonne's initial response was anger, until she realized that this would also strengthen her own position-and this was the only reason that she agreed to the marriage. To keep up external appearances, she agreed to have a child with her spouse, and so Sonia came into being.

Yvonne was unwilling to let Sonia out of her sight when she was a child, but as she has grown older has allowed the girl more and more freedom. Sonia has now earned her own middle name of Xiang, and is determined to learn her mother's way of fighting with the Iron Fans. When the previous Matriarch, Aerona, came down with the Plague, Yvonne refused to take part in the tournament for succession, as she didn't want to forsake the relationship that she had with her daughter in favor of a title that she didn't want-she may be cruel, but Yvonne has never been hungry for power over other people.

Writing Sample:

With a practiced flick of her wrist, Yvonne threw her dagger, watching to make sure that it would flip end-over-end until it hit her target-a young thief that she'd found waiting judgement in the dungeons. The guards had almost given the man a pitying look as they had followed her instructions, tying him in place so she could practice her throwing skills.

She tilted her head, examining him, then nodded once, satisfied with the result. At that moment, a cry rang out behind her, and she turned to see the nurse maid hurrying towards her with her daughter, Sonia. Stepping forward, she took her child off of the woman with a glare. "I told you not to bring her here when I was practicing." Stepping away from the training area, Yvonne opened up her shirt, knowing that the reason for Sonia's cries would be hunger.

"F-forgive me, my Lady, but she wouldn't stop crying and I didn't know what to do..." The silly woman's voice petered out under Yvonne's ice-cold glare, and she swallowed nervously, noting that despite the glare, Yvonne's grip on her daughter was firm but gentle, cradling her close so she could comfortably feed from her mother's breast. In fact, when the child had finished, Yvonne's gaze was... gentle. Shifting the babe so that she was against her shoulder, Yvonne rubbed her back, encouraging her to burp.

"Just get out of my sight. I can care for my daughter now."

Grateful, the woman bobbed a curtsy, then quickly left, wide-eyed in astonishment at what she had just witnessed-Yvonne, showing kindness to someone?! It was almost unheard of!

Yvonne watched her go, making a mental note to keep an eye on that one, just in case. Sonia's burp caught her attention, and a small, fleeting smile tugged at her lips. "All done, are we...? Come on, little Xiang. Let's take you back to your bed." Turning her back on the man she had been using for target practice, she started to stride away, only to turn back and speak to the guards.

"Cut him down and take him to the Castle doctor. With a bit of luck, he might still be able to have children. Lucky for him, that is-I almost feel sorry for any child of his." With that, she turned once more and strode away, ignoring the muffled moans of pain from behind the man's gag as she left.

[Time Line Events]

Year 202: Yvonne is born
Year 208: Yvonne begins her training
Year 212: Yvonne completes the first stage of Sh Ni Xin
Year 215: Yvonne meets with the rapist in the city
Year 216: Yvonne takes part in the tournaments for the first time
Year 222: Yvonne fights the Matriarch Aerona Vaughan, earns the Rite of Passage name 'Yu' and officially becomes a member of the Black Lotus, taking the surname 'Vaughan' in the process
Year 223: Yvonne marries
Year 224: Sonia Vaughan is born to Yvonne
Year 234: Bianca Lanfen becomes Matriarch
Year 241: Sonia earns the middle name 'Xiang' aged just seventeen

Family Genealogy:
[If adding to an existing geno: please go the House Information Page, quote the proper thread, copy the most updated genealogy and add your character where appropriate]

[PMed Application]
Plot Points To Be Kept Hidden

Sent to Jenn for approval.

@Jenn @Lahariel

Last edited by Desmond Redwald; 09-16-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Hi Crystalcat! Sorry I haven't been around to answer your PM, been away as of late. I'll touch base through here for the time being.

Age is going to have to be bumped up significantly given that Sonia is actually a recently inducted Lotus meaning she's at least around 16-17 years old, putting Yvonne more in her mid-30's at the very least given the traditions of Cnaith's process. Given that circumstance, she would have been going up against the former Matriarch, Aerona instead. I'll leave it up to you if Yvonne decides to gun for the Matriarchy position or not, but the final battle was between Bianca, Seren, and Nia...so Yvonne would have been knocked out earlier in the decision process.

Also, the Tiers are not used in-game. This was a system I recently put together in order to show OOC-wise the levels of physical skill to compare for when the invasion comes around as far as knowledge of fighting prowess is concerned. More information about Cnaith and its customs can be found HERE.

Essentially the profile is good as far as everything else is concerned. It's just the math that needs to be adjusted and accounted for, and to remove any mentioning of the Tiers since those are non-entity elements actually within the game. Once those edits are made then let me know and I'll take a second look at the profile for approval.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Crystalcat

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

@Lahariel Changes have been made in bold! =^.^=
Old 09-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

APPROVED!
Old 09-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Collette

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Just thought I should add my two cents!

The tournament for Matriarch Aerona's succession was in 226, before she got the plague. Matriarch Aerona wasn't killed by Bianca until 234. A lot of Vaughan women held off on marrying/having kids until after they'd made a bid to become the Matriarch's successor, which is why so many of them married so old. Not a huge deal though, if Yvonne was simply not interested.

Otherwise, I think this looks lovely! SO excited to have you joining us! XD
Old 09-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

Just consider the two notes that Collette left, but lets get her into play and I'll have mine up this weekend! <3

ACCEPTED!

All required parties have approved your profile and you may now post.

Links of Importance

Profile Set Up Directions - Read this to ensure you do everything required to properly set up your character profile. Ensure your character's display name is the proper color.

Plot Pages Forum - Swing by here to make your plot page and post on others

Province Plot Threads - Contain the timeline for each province. Use this to ensure your character starts in the right place.