Name: Lahariel

[Public Application]

Character Name: Wylfred Faerald
Character Age: 32
Birthday: October 22nd, 208 - Libra/Scorpio Cusp born on The Day of Allure
Current Location: Caerthynas, Caelain
House: Faerald
Banner Appearance:

House Description: A proud and ancient house boasting its descent from the mythical Bard-King Faeral, House Faerald ruled as Kings of Great-Caelain from their ancient seat of Caerthynas before relinguishing that crown to rule as lords under the Fontenot Kings, once their most trusted bannermen. Their centuries-old rule over the Caelish Isles started when Brennan Faerald united the Island of Caelain under his rule, becoming the first King. Under the rule of various other kings, most notably Artur Faerald the Conqueror, who first landed on the isle of Cemria in 766 BF, conquering its coastline and enclosing it in castles, the kingdom gradually expanded to cover the whole of the Caelish Isles.

As rulers of a kingdom consisting of three isles, the Faeralds are skilled at keeping their lords together. They accomplish this through a mix of strength and political skill, and they have a reputation for being especially skilled at politics. They also have a reputation for being true to their word. In addition, they are very committed to family values, and loyal to the Fontenots, with whom they have a familial bond that goes back ages, most recently to the King's mother, Corenna Faerald Fontenot.

Faeralds are fair-skinned and brown-haired, with green or brown eyes. The House words are Our Words Resound.

Player Base: Barry Watson
Appearance:

Personality:
Wylfred is a man who dreams big and likes to shoot for the stars in regards to life and the pursuit of his own happiness. Where his older brother Uthaer ended up being the soldier type, Wylfred developed into more of a philosopher and strategist. Preferring intellect over brute strength, he’s a man of eloquent standard and demeanor when in court and interacting with others. His ambition and loyalty serve as a solid foundation to the House of Faerald despite a few subtle quirks here and there. He prefers the title of Ambassador over Knight, and is a lover of all things cultural. An avid reader, commendable linguist, and profound author; Wylfred makes his mark on Forsilvran history in the manner of thought and the written word. From philosophy to poetry, he has dedicated much of his time and energy to ensuring that his name is well remembered long after a soldier dies and their body turns to dust.

Known to be the meticulous type, Wylfred dislikes a slovenly environment. He makes sure that he and his family are well-groomed, well-mannered, and well-educated. He speaks soft words but carries a big stick in regards to ensuring that discipline is well maintained, but rewards are just as big for good behavior and great achievements. If his brother Uthaer has done anything, it’s set an example for the kind of lifestyle that Wylfred doesn’t really employ. It can easily be said that the two brothers are like night and day, with Gwynver being a blend of both in the solid middle. Where Uthaer’s habits are spontaneous and erratic, Wylfred prefers planning ahead and maintaining a stable environment.

His relationship with his older brother and sister varies depending on the circumstances. With Uthaer, clearly he has a respect for the man given the fact that his brother is a dedicated soldier and very good at what he does. However, as the years have progressed through their adulthood, Wylfred finds himself admiring his brother less, and pitying him and his poor wife Annalisa a lot more. He has concerns for what their tumultuous relationship does to the respected Faerald name in Caelish society. Even with Gwynver, Wylfred finds himself keeping his cards close to his chest when it comes to expressing his true feelings about family situations. Over time Wylfred has developed a bit of a wall to the both of them, always being amiable and friendly but never revealing his full feelings on any particular topic. Instead, he chooses to play the scholarly role and bring logical pragmatism to issues that have to be tackled as a family.

As a husband and a father Wylfred gives his wife and children every comfort he can afford. His relationship with his wife was strange at first, but he quickly adapted to being a husband and immediately was able to produce a son which boosted his confidence that he was able to accomplish a stable home environment much faster than Uthaer ever could. Although lately there seems to be a bit of distance between him and Maelys, but most suspect that it’s simply because the couple have settled into a routine and they’re simply at a small crossroads of boredom for the time being. Wylfred loves his children very much, and encourages them more toward the scholarly route as opposed to the military lifestyle. While he doesn’t denounce a soldier’s life in blatant words, he tends to distract his children towards other activities that don’t involve killing, and enjoys taking the family with him on any trips in order to broaden their intellectual and social horizons.

History:
Born last among the Faerald children of Rhys and Eira, Wylfred has always been treated like the baby of the siblings despite the irony of him likely being the more mature of the three. As children he grew up with his siblings under the same rules and expectations of greatness through military achievement. Wylfred gave it an honest try, and followed his older brother through the ranks performing admirably enough, but it really wasn’t much of a calling. As the years progressed into their teens, it was becoming more evident that Wylfred couldn’t hold a candle to Uthaer’s abilities, and didn’t really have a taste for bloodshed anyway. Instead, he began pouring his time further into his studies, mastering languages, learning mathematics, studying the philosophies of great minds before him. Where Uthaer was able to strike with an arrow, Wylfred used the pen and a sharp tongue. All three of the siblings got in trouble together, but it was Wylfred’s quick wit and charming words that could often get them out of just about anything!

As time progressed, all of them were to be matched in a marriage. Uthaer was the first to be paired up with Annalisa Alysworth, a girl whom Wylfred paid little attention to in the initial years. Later Gwynver was betrothed but misfortunes ended the possibilities before they could even begin. Eventually it was Wylfred’s turn to be saddled to a bride, and like Uthaer he wasn’t too happy initially with his fiancée. Mostly it was because he was to be betrothed to a woman of the vassal house Lanthorne. It was Rhys’ intent to keep ties strong of the Alysworth family with the Faeralds and any other families that served under them due to the tumultuous history that Lydon had to go through. Maelys was a natural choice and after a brief courtship, Wylfred decided to be the dutiful son and be the one child that didn’t bring so much grief to his parents over marriage arrangements. Of the three, Wylfred’s marriage to Maelys was about as smooth as his parents could hope for.

It wasn’t long before his son, Fintan, was born and learning about how to be a father was equally as challenging of a task as attempting to become one of the King’s counselors. With a wife and child already achieved, Wylfred decided to take his scholarly mind to Forsilvra to see if he could secure a place for him and his family within some of the highest ranking and influential men of the age. However, Wylfred was picked over and that left him embittered for a time, given how hard he had worked to try to secure all the right friendships that could get him in as a solid confidant for the King. Eventually bitterness transformed into acceptance after his daughter Saoirse was born, but in reality it was more like a lingering depression. Becoming part of the King’s council was a dream he felt that was the right place for him to be. Now he was still stuck in Caerthynas where knowledge of war defense tactics against the Cemrics was taking precedence given the issues slowly arising with Prince Owyn of Dun Eamrath. He was a brilliant mind, trapped in a culture of brutality and warfare.

In the year of 231, things took a drastic change for the worse. Wylfred's older brother Uthaer had completely disappeared with no word or warning left behind. Many of their cousins attempted rescue parties but returned with nothing but baffled confusion. While it was hard on him and Gwynver to understand the full ramifications of everything, Wylfred soon realized that his brother had left behind a wife and two children with no one to care for them. Despite his personal feelings on how his brother handled his husbandly affairs, Wylfred jumped in and assisted Annalisa the best he could. For a long time he knew Annalisa on a cursory level and for the most part found her to be a pleasant addition to their family. Now, as things became dire, Wylfred got to know his brother’s wife on a different level, and the two became good friends and surprisingly intellectual comrades. Even when she returned to her home city of Porthareon, he went to visit her frequently to make sure that she was aware of the fact that the Faerald family was still in her service at any time. When Uthaer somehow managed to return after three long years, Wylfred’s opinion of his brother forever changed. Uthaer was no longer bumbling but loveable, but rash and infrequent. It wasn't hard to see the abrupt change in his brother's demeanor. Not only had Wylfred become a bit different himself in the absent years, but Uthaer was certainly not the same individual he once was.

Between the plague and the death of his mother, Wylfred has had to juggle a lot of family crisis while maintaining solidarity in his home. The relationship between him and Maelys has cooled significantly over the years, which has become a struggle to deal with despite his meticulous nature of painting a pristine reputation of being the more reliable one of the family. He has been spending a great deal more time traveling and maintaining relations in various foreign courts in order to obtain more popularity with the other lords. Currently he does this in the name of the Faerald family, but his ambitions are more personal these days given all of the tumultuous issues with the Cemrics as well as his siblings and their families.

Writing Sample:

Wylfred stood before the long mirror in his chambers, adjusting the cufflinks on his right sleeve. He glanced himself over, making a slight face at the reflection looking back. Good enough.

It was his wedding day to Maelys Lanthorne, a daughter of landed knights from House Lanthorne in Porthaeron. For a man of Wylfred's position, it wasn't the -- most prestigious of choices, but then again he didn't have quite the pick to choose from. It was an appropriate match for the political ties Rhys Faerald desired, and in that, Wylfred could understand; plant the seeds where necessary to watch the bounty of the crops grow. Wylfred was a man of political engineering. He didn't tend to let his personal feelings get in the way of his familial duties, and he wasn't likely to start now. After all, Maelys was a pleasant woman, easy on the eyes and of charming but average personality. He found her company enjoyable. What more was there, really?

A rapid knock on the door brought Wylfred's eyes away from the mirror and to the portal of his room, finishing fastening the last buttons on his tunic as his older sister Gwynver burst through the doorway, as she was wont to do. He couldn't help but think -- this should be your wedding, not mine. But there was no time for such thoughts now. " -- Come, come, you'll be late!" she scolded, before disappearing from view in a whirl of taffeta and silks. Wylfred put a jump in his step then and reached to snag his long ceremonial coat from the back of his chair, slipping one arm through as he headed towards the door. " -- Alright, alright," he muttered, hastily closing the door behind him.

[Time Line Events]

Year 205: Uthaer Faerald is born.
Year 207: Gwynver Faerald is born.
Year 208: Wylfred Faerald is born.
Year 227: Wylfred is married to Maelys Lanthorne.
Year 228: Fintan Faerald is born.
Year 230: Saoirse Faerald is born.
Year 231: Uthaer is captured by Cemric raiders.
Year 233: Uthaer manages to escape captivity and returns home to Caerthynas, and Prince Owyn refuses to be subservient to Tysilio Faerald.
Year 238: Eira Faerald passes away from stroke.
Year 240: Prince Owyn again reneges on his fealty to Caerthynas.
Year 241: Game start.

Family Genealogy:

Last edited by Lahariel; 03-04-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Tysilio Faerald
Everyone's favourite uncle

Marty
Character
Thirty-Eight
Caelain
Married
Elwen Kyffin
N/A

Wait a minute? Two players?

"When I swore that from that day on, for all the days of my life, I would be true to my people and keep the King's peace, shield the weak and judge justly, I accepted a heavy burden. It's never been heavier on me than in the past month. But I must keep bearing it, if only because somebody has to and I was born to do so."
Old 11-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Yep, essentially I'll be taking on the character point. But she'll be playing him when he interacts with Uthaer, I'll play when he interacts with Annalisa, and the both of us will share the threads when with others.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:23 AM
Tysilio Faerald
Everyone's favourite uncle

Marty
Character
Thirty-Eight
Caelain
Married
Elwen Kyffin
N/A

Ah. On a totally unrelated note, would you mind playing Owyn that way when he interacts with Tysilio?

Anyway, I got off-topic. Approved.

"When I swore that from that day on, for all the days of my life, I would be true to my people and keep the King's peace, shield the weak and judge justly, I accepted a heavy burden. It's never been heavier on me than in the past month. But I must keep bearing it, if only because somebody has to and I was born to do so."
Old 11-21-2012, 03:34 AM
Latara
life is not a song

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

approved!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:37 AM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

I would be honored to help you play Owyn!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn