Forsilvra :: Winds of Change

Go Back   Forsilvra :: Winds of Change > The Actions of Men > Forsilvra > The Manors

Closed Thread  

Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Melari Forthwind
Rosebuds and Stars

Player
Character
None
None

Default Aftermath of a Kiss [5/6, Morning. Bradyn (and Drusilla?). Closed]

Melari felt like being quiet today. She had many thoughts, and all of them were pretty, and just now she wanted to keep them to herself. Of course Marisee had her note, but Mel guessed her sister would want some time...and to be honest Mel had wanted some time for herself. She'd spent most of the morning in Bradyn's stables, admiring his horses. Aunt Drusilla's family had been famous for its horseflesh, and it seemed like she'd passed the knowledge on. Anyway, it was just somewhere quiet and warm and out of the way, and if she happened to blush or sigh a little it wasn't like the horses were going to tell.

Now, though, the day was too warm. Melari slipped into the library, in the mood for a good love story or two read somewhere shady -- or at least the kiss at the ending. For once in her life she could wonder if it was as nice as her own had been.

The only problem was that Uncle Bradyn was there. Too late Melari noticed him, love story already in her arms, and upon seeing him Mel gave a guilty jump and blushed hotly red. "Uncle! I didn't see you there."
Old 03-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Bradyn Forthwind

NPC BY JENN
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

To be honest, Melari's biggest problem was assuming that her uncle wouldn't have noticed such a change in her at such close quarters.

He hadn't had much chance at all to discuss it with her, but chance had happened when he had been in the library looking over his many maps and archives. He had asked Dru to come along with him - her upbringing often prompted him to look at them differently and she was very clear on when she thought he was being stupid, so they were locked in investigation towards the back of the library.

The fact that she had been a little distant had been the first clue. Not distant in the sense of something being wrong, just a shade more thoughtful than the girl he knew who always spoke her mind. But to corner her did no good, it had to be casual, which was why when he and Dru made their way out of the library and saw her, he couldn't help but smile.

"Well, well. You don't normally jump or blush at the sight of me. I think there's something you're hiding from me, my dear." Grinning across at Dru, he stepped around trying to get a good look at the book. "Do you think she's reading a book she shouldn't, Aunt Dru?"
Old 03-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Drusilla Forthwind

Player
Character
None
None

Send a message via AIM to Drusilla Forthwind

Drusilla walked alongside her husband, the man who had one point had been her enemy. Now? She was her partner and her Lord. Her arm was hooked inside the crook of his arm, as they walked in silence and each kept to their own thoughts. The Lady hadn't spent much time with her sons, later on she would need to spend time with It had been a little time since she saw Melari. The pair reached the library and she gave a gentle smile at the sight of her niece, she was frequently with a book and it didn't surprise her to see her with one now. She had been distant, therefore there had to be something that concerned both her and her husband.

"Just your Uncle? My dear, I must admit to being a little offended." She answered him when she greeted Bradyn. It was not like her to do so. Drusilla moved to glance downwards at the book, she noticed the loving words that had been written and gave a knowing smile. A romance, she had read such books and fantasied of love before she had been married for the first time.

She read from the page.

"Together the lovers sat, their hands barely touched in a sweet embrace before they lent forward and gave each other a kiss." She read, a mischievous look on the woman's face as she did so and she gave her niece a quick kiss on her smooth cheek.

"Indeed, do I need to read more pages? And do the pair of lovers ever find themselves to be naked and in each other's embrace? Hrm, if so, I may need to borrow this book from you."
Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Melari Forthwind
Rosebuds and Stars

Player
Character
None
None

They were so embarrassing! Poor Melari turned scarlet, dropping her eyes to the floor and shuffling her feet. "Hello, Auntie Dru. I, um, didn't really see you there either, um..." The girl trailed off into a new timidity, giving a soft protest when Bradyn suggested she had a naughty book and Drusilla took the novel from her hands. "It's not that sort of...oh, okay." ._.

Melari blushed even deeper while her aunt read a sentence aloud, her eyes falling to her toes. Of course Aunt Drusilla had found the most embarrassing line in the novel so far! The kiss to her cheek was a slight comfort, but only very slight because just after Drusilla was asking if the story-couple--if they ever --! "It isn't my book!"

Flustered Melari gave her aunt a look of distress, completely out of her depth in this conversation. "I found it in your library and I don't know how it ends, and I didn't think it was a dirty novel or I wouldn't have picked it up." Mel turned a pathetic gaze to Bradyn. "I just wanted to read a love story with a kiss in it."
Old 06-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Bradyn Forthwind

NPC BY JENN
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

He couldn't help but tease Melari about it. She blushed so easily and so...honestly...that it was hard not to find it funny, in the way one would a little cat falling from a chair. A chuckle, followed by a little sigh of happiness, being the usual result of such an event. "It's very difficult to tell what is a dirty novel without reading it, dear niece. I wouldn't find it strange for you to be intrigued about it at your age, anyway." He smiled, a little comfortingly, but knew she would likely just flush a deeper shade of crimson.

"A kiss in, you say?" Bradyn smiled. He had eyes and ears in all parts of the castle, thanks to his position as master of war and having a good network of gossip from the top of the chain to the bottom. "And why, may I ask, does my dear sweet and innocent Melari suddenly want to read about kisses...and blush the instant we talk about it?"
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Drusilla Forthwind

Player
Character
None
None

Send a message via AIM to Drusilla Forthwind

Drusilla couldn't help her husband when it came to the light-hearted teasing. Poor Melari was always so innocent, so sweet.

"Kisses are most tempting, Uncle Bradyn should know all about that." She answered, with a jokingly harsh look at her husband as her hand reached towards the book a second time and perhaps she would have a chance to read it herself?

Her arm was gently cast around the shoulders of her niece as she pulled the girl closer to her and gave her an affectionate kiss on the forehead. She could have sworn that the girl's cheeks were nearly as red as the fabric of her gown!

"I wonder..... who's lips that dear Melari wishes she could kiss should be the better question, my dear." She answered, before her gaze moved from her husband towards her dear niece and waited to see what the response would be.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Melari Forthwind
Rosebuds and Stars

Player
Character
None
None

Bradyn was correct in guessing that his teasing would only make her blush more deeply. The girl was shy, and sweet, but Drusilla's kiss and Bradyn's smile made her feel a little better. They loved her, that she knew, and after a shy and fidgety moment Melari answered them with a little whisper. "...Aiden Faerald kissed me in the gardens last night. And he really meant it."
Old 06-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Bradyn Forthwind

NPC BY JENN
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Her voice was quiet when she finally spoke and Bradyn had to check that he had heard her correctly. "Come again? Aiden Faerald?" He was sure that was what he had heard, but how could that be true? Little Aiden Faerald, or so he had experienced, was a timid and quiet little boy. One who in his first audience with his King...who was also his cousin...had needed more than a little prodding to come forward and make his obesiance publicly. Surely this was not a child who would be forward enough to kiss Melari of his own will.

Still, Melari was likely not one to initiate the kiss either. Both of them were so shy he doubted it was possible they had done anything but accidentally tripped and fell into each others lips, then sat next to each other silently all night trying to decide what to do. "And you're certain you didn't kiss him?" Though, he did have to admit, when Aiden came forward and made his respects, he had done it almost like a knight of old. Maybe there was a boldness there that just needed a little inspiration. Like a pretty face.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 AM
Melari Forthwind
Rosebuds and Stars

Player
Character
None
None

"Well, I kissed him back." Mel looked at her uncle a little blankly, not understanding where the question had come from. "I sort of had to, he was being so kind. He helped me sing a song for Mother, on his lute, and when it was over he just said 'Beautiful'. But he was looking at me in such a way it made me shy, and the next thing I knew he'd tilted my face up and was looking into my eyes. And then he whispered something sweet and kissed me."

Melari blushed at the retellling, but there was also something proud in her expression. "Turns out Aiden is my Writer, and the love letter was from him, and Enkil helped me find him just like Aunt Nymeria said he would. Lord Aiden kissed me because the moonlight caught my eyes."

It wasn't likely that this little speech made any sense to Bradyn or Drusilla, considering that they were outside the secret, but Melari remembered this too late. "Oh..." She twisted her fingers together, bashful. "...I found a love letter earlier this week. I forgot to tell you." Penitently, "You may read it if you like."
Closed Thread  

Tags
bradyn, melari