a bon droit

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Default Creating a Regency Council!!

If you're interested in playing a royal adviser get ahold of me, as I'm working on a new royal council, since most of Alrik's councilors are either in some other province or otherwise occupied.

This council will not have the same list of positions as the current one, and will be set up to actually be a council, so I'd love it if there could be PC's on it, or played-NPC's.

Thanks guys!

<3 Summer
Old 06-12-2011, 05:40 AM
Rhovanion Selidor
Mr. Nice Guy

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

I'll be NPCing Lord Huntington of Sydra as the Master of Coin!

Yay council funtimes! Come on you guys, you know you want in on this.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Rex
Weapon of Mass Seduction

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

I...don't know how this would sit, but I'd love for Troy Mercado to be Master of Ships! He's in the right place, has ties to the Sansevs and has the experience of holding together arguably the best fleet in Forsilvra (Though not the largest, obv)
Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Halford Mons
House Mons

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Oberon could certainly be the Master of Swords, or something; it'd make sense, since he's going off to war.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Galeazzo
a bon droit

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Ok, here's the list of councillors:
  • Lord Regent - Lord Protector of the Realm - Acting King/Province Lord until the king/queen is born and comes of age. Lord Galeazzo Sanseverino.
  • Lord of Coins - Minister of the Treasury - a gold badge - Oversees the royal mints, tax collection, royal loans, generally is in charge of finding all the gold the crown wants to spend. Lord Donal Huntington NPC.
  • Lord of Ships - Minister of the Fleets - a blue badge - Oversees the building and maintenance of the royal fleets, both commercial and naval. Troy Mercado.
  • Lord of Laws - Minister of Justice - a white badge - Interprets existing laws, writes new ones. Essentially is the Supreme Court. Archmaester Monterys Velaryon NPC
  • Lord of Shadows - Minister of Intelligence - a black badge - Keeps track of rumors and uncovers secrets. Cesare Sanseverino.
  • Lord of Swords - Lord Commander of the Royal Army - a red badge - Oversees the royal armies, training of the royal garrisons, goes to war in the absence of a king. Oberon Sterlyn.
  • Lord of Shields - Lord Commander of The Royal Guard - a silver badge - In charge of the Royal Guards, who protect the king, and on occasion others of the immediate royal family. Ser Ronan Felukas NPC.

When the council meets, each councilor will wear their badge of office, though they may also wear it daily within the court to acknowledge their station.

Last edited by Regina Ambrosios; 06-21-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Cesare Sanseverino
Weakness, unweeded, uproots the tree.

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Ehem, can Cesare be Lord of Shadows, please? Or Lord of Shields. Time for the old dog to actually take some position in the open if he's ever to cede something better than a smallhold for his grandson.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Galeazzo
a bon droit

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Lord of Shadows it is. I think he's got the resources for that. lol
Old 06-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Galeazzo
a bon droit

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Just a note:

Unlike on the King's Council, the members of the Regent's Council are not merely advisers- they have responsibility for the duties described, and as such they have broader powers that very much can affect the court. They can be stripped by the Regent's command, but while they serve they have very real power that can be used for good or bad. The Lord of Laws doesn't just inform the Regent, he's responsible for sitting down and drafting out the new laws. The Lord of Swords doesn't just oversee the army, he actually is a battlefield commander. The Lord of Coins does not just report on the treasury, but actively oversees it and makes decisions.

So, these men will not be advisers- a king has absolute power over all this stuff, and thus must sign off on matters before his advisers can deal with it. A Regent's powers are less absolute, so this gives the council more autonomy. They still have to report, and they still serve at the Regent's whims, but they've got more leeway serving as Lord of Swords/Commander of the Armies than say, War Adviser.

So, keep it in mind as we get this stuff formed together IC'ly.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Victor Castell
Made of Awesome

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Do you know the date that Galeazzo makes this official for RP purposes?
Old 06-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Regina Ambrosios
no one knows but lorelei

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Regina Ambrosios

Should be 6/18 but don't quote me. he just asked Oberon in the Ob/Fal/Gal post... waiting til Huntington gets made and shows up at the tourney... that would be about the time the other NPC councilor should show up as well, sooo... tentatively 6/18 but possibly after the tourney.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Aelina Drake
Even the gentlest sunbeam can burn...

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

I'd volunteer, but I don't have anyone in Solbra that could do it. But if you wants an NPC I can do that for Lord of Laws (as it seems to be the only one open)
Though we know we will never come again
When there is love, life begins
Over and over again

Save the night, save the day
Save your love, come what may
Love is worth everything we pay...
Old 06-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Rhaegar
House Mallory

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Lol the Lord of Shields is Open, but Lord of Laws I have someone for... if you want to be Captain of the Royal Guard we can definitely talk!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Jonathon Castell
What darkness lies beneath?

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

sad i liked the idea of creating laws, but okay, if you need an npc, let me know.

~ Jonathon Castell
Old 06-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Jacques
Ashpool. Jacques Ashpool.

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Figured we had best sort out who does what where with regard to the guards and the royal guards and the garrison...

The Royal Guard: A broad term that lumps together two separate things:
The Huscarls/men-at-arms, soldiers who serve the royal household, guarding Castle Argent. There are 40 on duty during the day, 30 at night, to be increased in times of uncertainty or danger. The huscarls are yeomen/freemen/etc- they are NOT knights. They wield swords and pikes, but are not cavalry and do not don plate armor. There are 200 of them currently. They are paid in coin but the commanders or those recognized for heroics are often awarded land.

The King's Silvers/The Silvermen: 12 knights, or at least seasoned fighters drawn from noble (or knightly at the least) families who act as the king's personal guards but will also be granted command positions in time of war. They all have a seat at the king's table, and may serve for life or choose to retire and be awarded a fief. They are sometimes paid in lands and income from the taxes on those lands than direct payment from the royal treasury (especially when the royal treasury runs low).

There are currently 6 of them, as five died with Alrik, Jaymie Ciel was dismissed in order to assume regency of his family's lands, and there has not yet been opportunity (or a king) to appoint new ones.

((Based on the Housecarls/Huscarls and Hird, and Alexander's Somatophylakes, with some bits dragged in from the Yeomen of the Guard))

The Lord of Shields: Senior among the Silvers, and commands the Huscarls. Sort of like the Head of Argent Securty. His concern is the safety of the royal family, in contrast to the Lord of Swords who is concerned with offense instead of defense.

Last edited by Jacques; 06-20-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Kel

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Okay so good to know what my guy is doing.

I'll be NPCing Ronan Felukas as Lord of Shields!

Old 06-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Victor Castell
Made of Awesome

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
Okay so good to know what my guy is doing.

I'll be NPCing Ronan Felukas as Lord of Shields!
As a note, Philip Pyropas would have been the previous head of the Silvermen, and Ronan would have replaced him after Philip's death. Assume the queen raised him when she received the news of Philip's death. Also, until the 18th assume he's just Head of the Silverman and waiting for the new council (he would be called Captain of the Guard were Alrik's old council names be used.)

<3