Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Default yes, dear? - 6.21 - Ivana, Alexei

"You sent for me, Alexei?"

Peering around the door, her copper hair braided and wrapped around her hair, a long sleeve of dark blue embroidered with the turquoise of the Milov heraldry's field appearing as she held the door open enough to pass through.

It was a cold, rainy, misty day in Barysh, and while the day was somewhat wasted for training and pellwork, it was a day to take care of other things, like the household accounts - the mundania of things. When she received word from a servant that her husband wanted to see her, she willingly put down the quill and books and headed his way. On a good note, Ivana thought, Kseniia didn't take long to put down to sleep today. But did he have to call me right as I sat down? As much as she hated the mundane tasks of balancing the accounts, being interrupted was more annoying.

As she entered, her blue eyes were keen as she shut the door behind her, the study dark and inviting.
Ivana Milov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Alexei Milov
House Milov

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Alexei smiled, but it was tight lipped. He had no problem with his wife, of course, but there was much on his mind that made it difficult to smile fully. This was just about the last thing he needed, especially with Sergei gone in Blasa, on his command of course. And thus, this was his to deal with.

"Yes, Ivana. I'm sorry to take you away from your work, but this cannot wait. I've received word from some of the Pskov Milovs... it seems there may be trouble in Pskov that cannot wait to deal with." He sighed. He felt awful for leaving it like this, but Sergei had been the one willing to step up. It had made the most sense at the time. He needed this dealt with before he had to write Sergei about it.

"Of course, this must stay between us. I'm going there under the guise of a visit, which shouldn't raise too many suspicions unless there's talk. I need them to be surprised and slip up with something that will warrant further investigation..."

"This has nothing to do with Sergei, of course."
Alexei Milov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Ivana Milov
the ice queen

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

As she closed the door behind her, she nodded, her brows furrowing as she closed the distance between them. "What sort of trouble? What do you need me to do?"

Already our crown is being sorely tested, thought Ivana bitterly, her face kept purposely blank as she waited for her husband's words and instructions.

"Then who or what does it have to do with?"
Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Alexei Milov
House Milov

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

"Right now, I need you to stay and make sure everything is fine here while I'm gone. It shouldn't be more than a week. If I find these suspicions to have merit, well, I'll have a meeting when I get back, and I might need... a more specific skill set from you," he said in a low growl. He would not stand for this sort of thing in his Kingdom, now or ever.

"Other members of the family, but that's all I know right now. I hope above all things this ends up being nothing, but if it's not, I'll spare nothing to make sure Sergei returns home to a loyal city after what I've asked of him." He did not suspect Sergei - he'd barely been home, and he knew there was no love lost between Sergei and his brother, and that could extend out.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Ivana Milov
the ice queen

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

She had an inkling of the skill set he was referencing. It would take some creativity, but on the whole, it was a useful set of skills. "I should be able to manage. As long as there are no larger issues coming this way while you're gone, that is."

"Just take care of yourself, husband, and see to it that you return safely to me. All else shall fall into place, gods willing." Further closing the distance, she hoped that he would at least try to acknowledge that she might want a touch before they parted. "And at the very least, send me a letter upon your landing in Pskov. Keep me updated. Tell me everything I need to know."

Her jaw set. "Not a word." It was deathly serious if he wanted her to remain quiet. Lowering her voice to a husky whisper, she spoke again. "Do be careful, Lyosha."

Last edited by Ivana Milov; 08-16-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Alexei Milov
House Milov

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

"I dearly hope there isn't, but what could happen in a week? Although, I should hardly be tempting fate." He was concerned, things seemed quiet aside from Atra, and well, they weren't too far from Atra.

"I'll let you know when I arrive, and whatever I can write elsewise without worrying about being intercepted. Although if I find that anyone is intercepting the King's mail, we'll have a whole host of problems." His jaw tightened to think of it. If these accusations were true... well, it would be the first big crime he'd face as King.

"I will. I wish I didn't have to go myself but... it's unavoidable. It's the least suspicious, actually, for it to be me and a few others." A few highly skilled warriors, unassuming in appearance, but that went without saying. His voice softened a bit. "I would not be able to do this to my satisfaction if I could not trust you with the city in my stead. Thank you, for that."
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Ivana Milov
the ice queen

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

"More than you know. Still, I shall do my best to keep things running and to keep the rest of Tocken under control. I would rather you be careful, though. I'd hate our first big crisis turn into something that goes out of control quickly."

Looking over her shoulder, she turned back to lean in closer. "Please, though, do hurry home."