Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn
Default 9/23: Fólkhvatur Grunewald and Vivian Harcourt

Our Featured characters of the bi-week are Renate Fleurant and Nia Meifeng Vaughan! In this thread you the players can ask the character's owners questions about themselves or the character!

Character Owners, feel free to add anything interesting you choose

This week:

Character: Fólkhvatur Grunewald
Player: @Gary ( @Fólkhvatur Grunewald )

Character: Vivian Harcourt
Player: @Rose ( @Vivian Harcourt )
Old 09-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

For both:
1. What is the inspiration for your character?
2. What is your characters greatest fear/greatest hope?
3. Something we might not readily know about your character? (A secret, a preference, a favorite thing?)
4. Why did you pick this particular player base to represent this character?

For Vivian:
1. Who is your favorite Harcourt family member (because they can all be particularly unlovable from time to time)?
2. Greatest regret? (if any?)
3. If Vivian could escape to any one place in Forsilvra which one would it be?
4. What does Vivian see happening in her future, considering the Arbrecht drama/etc.?
5. Has any particular courtier caught Vivian's eye?

For Fólkhvatur:
1. What do you foresee will be Fólkhvatur's greatest challenge be in the near future?
2. Best memory? (Anywhere, with anyone, far past or recent.)
3. If Fólkhvatur could escape to any one place in Forsilvra, where would it be?
4. What is the best part about being a Grunewald? The worst?
5. Fólkhvatur's worst habit?
6. How does he feel about being clearly less cool than his amazing sister?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Rose

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

No particular inspiration for her specifically, but I really love playing young female characters who do not say what I mean. The Mary Crawley type (if you've seen Downton Abbey!). I don't mean to say that Viv is based on Mary but she's one of that genre, I think. She's actually turned out a bit different to how I first imagined her which is exciting.

2. What is your characters greatest fear/greatest hope?

I think... I think her greatest fear is to be totally alone. She likes to think of herself as a kind of lone ranger and she is willing to lead and go it alone but at the end of the day if the safety blanket of having a family and people to love and be loved by, however dysfunctionally, were taken away from her, she'd be pretty lost. Her greatest hope is that she will marry someone she can work with as a team and be the matriarch of a great family. She sees romantic love in a rather pragmatic way but I think she'd like to love the man she marries. Currently she doesn't see having influence in any way other than marriage.

3. Something we might not readily know about your character? (A secret, a preference, a favorite thing?)

Hmm, this is quite difficult because I feel like I'm still discovering her so I'm not sure I know all her secrets! I think she is quite curious about sex haha! I mean, she's 19 and she likes to flirt but it's never gone beyond that and a few kisses, so it's probably natural.

I really loved JLC on Doctor Who and had her in the back of my mind for a PB for a RPG character somewhere down the line so Vivian caught my eye on the wanted list because of the PB but she also looked a really awesome character.

~

1. Who is your favorite Harcourt family member (because they can all be particularly unlovable from time to time)?

For me, Iridia, I think. I really love the dysfunctional relationship that can exist between two women, often sisters, with different but similar qualities and so I find the potential between them really interesting. For Vivian, probably Iona. Oops. :P

2. Greatest regret? (if any?)

Dressing up as a boy and running around shipyards. In hindsight, the end goal could probably have been accomplished in a less dramatic fashion.

3. If Vivian could escape to any one place in Forsilvra which one would it be?

The capital. I wish I'd been playing her when they all went to Forsilvra because I think she'd have loved court life. She would really like to go back there and get involved and hopefully marry someone important who is close to the king. Or, y'know, the king himself. If he ever felt inclined to dump Keyna for a girl from Arbrecht. Hardly likely, I know.

4. What does Vivian see happening in her future, considering the Arbrecht drama/etc.?

Iiiiinteresting. I think she sees her side winning because they have more allies and she wants them to. Following that, it's hard to say. The Harcourts would rise in influence because of Iridia's marriage to Corbin and once Iridia is married she would expect that the attention would be turned to finding her a husband suitable for the sister-in-law of a province lord. I think her attitude to Elanor is actually ambivalent though. On the one hand, she's a Fitzwulf and committed atrocities against her family but on the other, she killed the man who killed her mother and that has to mean something - and she is a female leader which I think she admires a bit. I think Vivian would want to make peace over continuing a revenge feud of any kind and would try to influence the men in power to get that though doing so could cause a conflict of loyalties...

5. Has any particular courtier caught Vivian's eye?

She likes to keep her eyes on many courtiers...
Old 09-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Gary

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

For both:

Well Fólk is my first character here on Forsilvra, and so it was something of a challenge just to sort through houses and provinces and cities to even begin to think about a character concept. But when Friday and Jenn and Lahariel pointed me towards Arbrecht and ultimately the Grunewald family (with totally un-selfserving motivations, I’m sure) I really was instantly taken with the family and their village of Bjargheim (how could you not love a place with such an unpronounceable name??). And when I read Astrid’s bio I thought the whole “kidnap your bride” tradition was both hilarious and touching. Reading about the family and the village, I was put in mind of the Wildings in SOIAF, though of course the Grunewalds are nowhere near that level of survivalist anarchy. I thought that would be fun to play – a guy from rough and ready stock who was not fancy in the least, but who might be “made” to polish up his manners (and maybe shave) once his family got “promoted.” From there it was no great leap to visualize Fólk as he is, a very down to earth, tough, fierce (hairy) commoner who will soon be operating on a slightly different social level.

2. What is your character's greatest fear/greatest hope?

Definitely both his greatest hope and his greatest fear center around his beloved wife, Nótt, and the impending birth of their soon to be second child. Fólk is completely, totally in love with Nótt, and being away from her at this time (she’s due in November) is a real hardship for him. He’s both fearful of anything happening to her during the birth (and/or the child too of course) and yet he’s hopeful that soon he’ll be reunited with Nótt and Starri (their 2 year old son) and the new baby.
Shameless plug: I’m looking for someone to play Nótt. If you are interested shoot me a PM.

Hm… this is a hard one because Fólk is a pretty straightforward guy – one of those “what you see is what you get” types. I guess it’s not really a secret, but Fólk does have a weakness for a pretty face, though he doesn’t have a wandering eye nor is he ever unfaithful to his wife. But he certainly can be…taken…by a sweet smile and dancing eyes, and sexist as it might be, he’d probably bend over backwards to help a pretty woman out, if he thought she was in need, or she asked him. On the other hand, even if she wasn’t pretty, he’d still be glad to help anyone, guys included. But there is just something about soft, rosy cheeks and shining hair and a curvy figure…yeah…

I pretty much instantly thought of Kili, as portrayed by Aidan Turner in “The Hobbit,” when I decided to make Fólk. He has exactly the kind of rugged, rough, strong look about him, with the wild hair, and a beard, and of course his clothing in the film looks sort of appropriate for the Forsilvra setting. I really liked Kili’s persona in the film and it too seemed to fit with my concept of Fólk.

For Fólkhvatur:

1. What do you foresee will be Fólkhvatur's greatest challenge be in the near future?

Surviving the war with the Fitzwulfs will be the first, of course. Hoorah for RP-land where we can just “know” that our characters will survive such conflict (barring any stupid moves on my part). Getting back home will definitely be the next most pressing need for Fólk, and if a little plot bunny I’ve kicked around with Lah comes to fruition, this goal may be farther away than Fólk realizes or anticipates (I’m so mean). Then once the Grunewalds are elevated to Vassal House status, I’m hoping Fólk will have all sorts of angst about trying to act a bit more civilized and a bit less “oh yeah sure spit anywhere, they won’t mind” mountain bumpkinish.

2. Best memory? (Anywhere, with anyone, far past or recent.)

Best memory – well that involved Nótt, and the night he returned from the War in Heldenbrecht, and snuck in her window… but that’s kind of private. /smirks/ One he can actually talk about… that might be the time he crawled out onto the river bank after Astrid tried to drown him and he kissed the dirt and grass and was never so happy to draw a breath in all his life? /glares at Astrid/ No, but seriously… let’s go with the birth of his son, or maybe his wedding day…Hell there’s been so many! Life is just fucking great, isn’t it?!

3. If Fólkhvatur could escape to any one place in Forsilvra, where would it be?

His bed, back in Bjargheim, with Nótt in it, of course…

Astrid/Astrid

5. Fólkhvatur's worst habit?

I really don’t think you want to know. It’s pretty damn grody…

6. How does he feel about being clearly less cool than his amazing sister?

Pffft! As if! (Fólk says Astrid really just needs to get over herself, though he grudgingly admits that she is almost as bad ass as he is…ALMOST!!)
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post

Astrid/Astrid
Astrid: Stop, you're gunna make me cry... //arm-punch
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Kiera
Allons-y!

Kiera
Character
Mega-Old
Forsilvra
Married
Some guy

Send a message via AIM to Kiera Send a message via Skype™ to Kiera

For both: You're at a job interview!
1. What are your strengths/weaknesses?
2. If you could change anything about yourself what would it be?
3. What do you do in your spare time?

For the players:
1. Have your characters taken turns in certain situations that you didn't see coming until that moment? Were you shocked, proud, or disappointed?
2. Have they gained qualities that you never thought they would through rp and life changing events?
Kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

For Players:
1. Take away boundaries and travel and all that, who would you love to RP this character with and why?
2. What scenes are you really looking forward to?
3. What situations do you want to throw your character into?

Characters:
1. What is your favorite food?
2. Can you swim?
3. Most embarrassing moment! Share it!

@Gary @Rose
Old 11-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Rose

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

For both: You're at a job interview!

Vivian would like to point out that different jobs call for different responses.

1. What are your strengths/weaknesses?

I am well organised and efficient at whatever I undertake to do. I am trustworthy and determined to see tasks out to the end, at whatever cost, and once I have given it, my loyalty is absolute. Probably. Moreover, I have plenty of experience with public relations and would make an excellent frontsperson for your company. As for those aspects of my personality that I am working on improving, I can sometimes be reckless when prudence is called for - but only to further the interests of the organisation. My desire to please sometimes means that I am not always strictly honest as I attempt to adapt to whatever situation arises.

(Smarmy so-and-so. Ed.)

2. If you could change anything about yourself what would it be?

I would check my impulsivity as it has got me into trouble on previous occasions.

3. What do you do in your spare time?

I enjoy reading, both fiction and non-fiction, ballroom dancing, horse riding, and sailing. I have a strong interest in fashion and like to draw in a very amateur way.

For the players:
1. Have your characters taken turns in certain situations that you didn't see coming until that moment? Were you shocked, proud, or disappointed?

I was surprised by how unnerved Vivian was when she met Dirk. After their letters, I thought she'd react differently. In general, she has been more vulnerable than I expected she would be when I created the character. However, I think this is a good thing. She's a human being (or should be) not some kind of wonder woman and at the end of the day, she's a teenage girl stuck in the middle of a war she has no control over. It's far more fun to play her a girl who is certainly clever and capable and learning from her mistakes, but still sometimes tripping over her feet metaphorically speaking and showing weakness, than someone who is just purely made up of indefatigable sass. It means she has space for growth and personality and I think that's generally a good thing!

2. Have they gained qualities that you never thought they would through rp and life changing events?

I think it would be easier to answer this question after Vivian finds out her mother is dead because that really will change her. I think she has definitely grown up though thanks to the war in Arbrecht and her role in leading the Harcourts to Mier. She has become a leader and dealt with hardship and this has given her another string to her bow. She still thinks of herself as a woman who uses her feminine powers to manipulate far more than some kind of masculine warrior figure, but there's a toughness and cool-headedness about her now that wasn't there before and which will be really interesting to develop in future plotlines.

For Players:
1. Take away boundaries and travel and all that, who would you love to RP this character with and why?

King Adrien, I think. Vivian has fantasies of marrying the king and being queen of everything and she knows perfectly well they're fantasies but I'd love to have her interact with him just to see how she'd treat him in real life. I'd also like to see her meet Elanor because I think she has very complicated feelings for her. On the one hand, she's the enemy; on the other hand, she killed her mother's murderer and she is a woman in power and think Vivian kind of respects that. It could be really interesting!

2. What scenes are you really looking forward to?

Finding out her mother's death because ~pain, and how that changes her relationship with her family. Also the Invasion in general because I have plans for her and I can't wait!

3. What situations do you want to throw your character into?

The invasion. :P I would like her to have some romantic plotline at some point. She's of an age to be married and that could be very interesting. I'd really like to see her fall in love. Whether it was with a suitable person or not... well... who knows! She uses flirtation as a weapon but she's really very innocent and I would absolutely love her to meet her match.

Characters:
1. What is your favorite food?

We had some of the most delicious desserts I've ever tasted at the palace. Layers of cream and delicate pastry and subtle flavours... so wonderful!

2. Can you swim?

Oh yes, I love the water! Of course, it's not very ladylike to do so now I'm grown up.

So you remember that time I was found passed out in Desmond Redwald's cabin disguised as a boy? Yes, I thought so.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:53 AM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

So you remember that time I was found passed out in Desmond Redwald's cabin disguised as a boy? Yes, I thought so.

BEST. MOMENT. EVER.
Lahariel is offline   Reply With Quote