The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

Default 4/1: Aleydis Brabant and Adrien Fontenot!

Our Featured characters of the bi-week are Aleydis Brabant and Adrien Fontenot! In this thread you the players can ask the character's owners questions about themselves or the character!

Character Owners, feel free to add anything interesting you choose

This week:

Character: Aleydis Brabant
Player: @Deianeira ( @Aleydis Brabant )

Character: Adrien Fontenot
Player: @Jenn ( @Adrien Fontenot )
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Wombat

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERING...

Aleydis Brabant:

1. What is her biggest fantasy?
2. What is her biggest fear?
3. What does she desire?
4. Who's her daddy?
5. Are the Brabants the Rugrats of Arbrecht?

Adrien Fontenot:

1. Does the King shit like normal people?
2. Has Adrien hit puberty yet?
3. Has Adrien had that awkward talk about pubic hair and sex with his Scholar/Mentor Julius DeLauncey, and his Royal Physician Cuthbert Valentine?
4. Which woman in Forsilvra does the King imagine most naked on a consistent basis?
5. Has the King ever seen his sister naked? What did he think? How did he react?

Last edited by Wombat; 04-01-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
ineth

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Aleydis! If you were trapped on an island with only one person for company, who would it be? Out of your family?

Adrien! What's the greatest advantage of being king? If you weren't king, what would you want to do?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

For the writers:

#1: Your favorite thing about Forsilvra?
#2: Which province is your favorite and why?
#3: Best/favorite thread you've written and why (with any of your characters!)

For Aleydis/Deianeira:

#1: Best thing about being a Brabant? Worst thing?
#2: Inspiration for this character?
#3: What's the biggest challenge Aleydis is facing now?
#4: What do you think will be the biggest change for the Brabants as they take over Ernsaw and rise in rank?
#5: What is one thing Aleydis would like to do she hasn't had the chance to yet?

For Adrien/Jenn:
#1: Inspiration for this character?
#2: Who, thus far, is the biggest influence on Adrien?
#3: Who have you not had the chance to write with Adrien that you'd like to/have already but maybe want a better opportunity to write with?
#4: Who is his favorite Horn?
#5: How does he REALLY feel about his siblings?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Kenneth Montrose
The Perfect Knight

Premaximum
Character
Twenty-Four
Forsilvra
Married
Duty

Send a message via Skype™ to Kenneth Montrose

ADRIEN ASK ME ANYTHING?

OOH THIS'LL BE FUN.
Kenneth Montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

@Wombat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Adrien Fontenot:

1. Does the King shit like normal people?
2. Has Adrien hit puberty yet?
3. Has Adrien had that awkward talk about pubic hair and sex with his Scholar/Mentor Julius DeLauncey, and his Royal Physician Cuthbert Valentine?
4. Which woman in Forsilvra does the King imagine most naked on a consistent basis?
5. Has the King ever seen his sister naked? What did he think? How did he react?[/FONT]
1. Yes he does. He squats over the privy like any other man while trying to keep his pants out of the way.

2. He's 16, Shelly. Not 10. He's also 6'0". You answer that question.

3. Since you play Cuthbert, you should know the answer to that is no, because Adrien has no desire to have that conversation with such a creepy guy. Julius would probably have choked on his own tongue in the attempt, so likely like most kids do, he talked with his buddies and they figured it out for themselves.

4. If you have to ask this question, you are CLEARLY not paying attention to the game. I'll give someone else ONE guess to figure it out.

5. When he was a wee baby they were bathed together, changed together, rocked together, carted around together, swaddled together, laid in the crib together... pretty much like how it does with most twins. As they grew older, uh yeah. They're siblings. THESE THINGS HAPPEN.

What does he think? Adrien is not a sick puppy thank you. His sister is just that, his sister.

@ineth
Quote:
Adrien! What's the greatest advantage of being king? If you weren't king, what would you want to do?
Adrien: Well, I get most of what I want sometimes when I want it. If I wasn't king I would be a knight. I've always wanted to be a knight. I still want to be a knight and be knighted but (see answer #1) no one lets me ride in tourney's. I'd also marry the girl of my dreams, which I also can't do.

I guess I answered question one pretty poorly didn't I?

@Friday
Quote:
#1: Your favorite thing about Forsilvra?
#2: Which province is your favorite and why?
#3: Best/favorite thread you've written and why (with any of your characters!)
Y U ASK HARD STUFF?

1. My favorite thing about this site is the dedication people have. NO matter where we are going or how we get there the people who play work through it to drive us where we want to be. It isn't always easy. sometimes I want to fire you all But we manage, and because of that growth of the game through the dedication of the players, I think we see a growth of our community as well. I mean, how many freakin' hours a day do I you people spend here right?

2. This is hard, because there are reasons to like them all and I have characters in all of them. I think for me personally, Ahestere. I love the concept of the 'firey' culture and the history between the original Ahesteri and the Haziri invaders. I love how the two ends of the province have strove to keep themselves 'pure' and tried to retain more of their original culture while the rest has blended, leaving this dynamic province that is well set up for a war. Plus, I've had a lot of fun with @Wren of the Mask in developing Hazirm and their culture. Add to that the creation of House Chandaka (*sniffles* @Tan ) and there is a lot of different angles I can personally play that.

Following that would be Arbrecht, only because of my role at Corbin now. In the beginning, when I had no characters there I was kinda like, eh, Arbrecht, the mess, but I think we've come a long way to developing it into what is now.

I like that each province has it's own unique flare. The traditionalism of Caelaen, the equality of Lacharn, and the more woodsy feel of The Mark (or should I say emo feel?) and that because of that I have characters with a variety of views and experiences all over the kingdom.

3. My favorite thread that I've written in this game, like ever. CAN YOU MAKE IT ANY HARDER FRIDAY? Let's see. I think the best piece of writing for me was probably Aurelia's most recent solo thread. But when it comes to the most epic in RP, I think my favorite was the grand ball thread you, @Lukish and myself wrote where we had the three stories going on at once. Lucius's proposal and Iridia's denial was so crushing for him that I still it feel it every time I write something for him. The weaving of the three dramas was really well done and of course that thread set us up for our coming-off-of-hiatus party.

Quote:
#1: Inspiration for this character?
#2: Who, thus far, is the biggest influence on Adrien?
#3: Who have you not had the chance to write with Adrien that you'd like to/have already but maybe want a better opportunity to write with?
#4: Who is his favorite Horn?
#5: How does he REALLY feel about his siblings?
1. I think a mix of game one and Camelot the series (as you can see from the play-by). When we came up with the plot, given the 'issues' in the past, I wanted to play my king as young, easily influenced and completely not perfect at all. I wanted him to be able to make dumb decisions and see how they impacted the game. I wanted a king who could be pulled this way, because hey that sounds like a good idea and then pulled that way. I wanted a king who was still figuring out who he was. And I wanted one that had no role models in his own family (male role models), no one of his own blood that was older and wise to turn to, which would leave him at the mercy and influence of the others in his life, particularly the council, who may have other agenda's than just support the king!

I didn't want someone mean or cruel, but not unable to make a bad decision that might render him such in specific situations. I wanted someone who had experienced losses in his life and had to overcome that.

I wanted to make him dynamic as well, and I hope that as he's come through the game he's taken some steps forward and matured and taken a few back as well (Can anyone say bloodpaw).

My intention isn't to have him be seen as a horrible king who has only made bad decisions, and I feel slightly sad to think that some people may have gotten that impression, but more like a inexperienced king who doesn't always do a good job of concealing his emotions, who makes mistakes, who wants to do the right thing but might not always know what that is, and who might listen to the wrong person every once in while.

2. In the long term I would say @Julius DeLauncey and Isabella Fontenot the two people who stepped into the roles of father and mother when Adrien's own parents were taken by the plague. No one can perfectly be that role. A child always knows. But I like to think that both tried very hard to their best by the Fontenot children. Stephane was often busy ruling as regent, but would have also impacted.

In the more recent short term, I think @Elanor Fitzwulf . Adrien sees this woman with the weight of a province on her shoulders, much the way he feels about his role with the kingdom. She has few allies and little support and her world is turning upside down. Yet, she seems to handle it with this grace and maturity that he has admired. In addition, she didn't just drop everything to fawn over him like so many girls do and he has found himself wanting to earn her affections because of it. I think all this has contributed to some of his decisions and some of his blunders and may well continue to .

3. Who would I like to write him with. For one, I'd really like the chance to develop out his relationship with @Keyna Prothero so that down the road when he has hard decisions to make they are VERY HARD and I want them to really impact him. I want the things he does to be difficult so that the can grow from them. I also want to thread him more with @Cassius DeLauncey . They didn't leave things well the last time they saw each other so I am interested to see how it goes in the future. Will they mend that rift? Will things get worse when Adrien calls on Cassius to aid Elanor? Finally, Adrien needs to meet Mrs. @Bianca Vaughan face to face before all hell breaks loose.

4. Why, Sir Geoffry or course!!!! Although, my guess is that you want to know who is favorite is NOW??? Torrence intimidates him, so my answer is going to be @Kenneth Montrose because he's now the 'oldest' horn and the one whom Adrien knows the best.

5. He loves them like a brother should love his siblings. Did he do right by Bertram? Probably not. He should have spoken to him first before he committed the betrothal, but the opportunity was just screaming at him. On the other hand, the thought of betrothing Aurora to anyone is almost painful. He's had her by his side for almost sixteen years and his time in Arbrecht was the first time they'd been apart. And he hated it.

Now, I'm assuming you're asking this question because you wonder if he LOVES HER AS MORE THAN SIBLINGS, but no. Adrien is not Auron Sterlyn and never will be. He doesn't think of her that way, and he doesn't have the attitude that Auron had that no one but a Sterlyn deserves Sterlyn.

Maybe you should ask @Aurora Fontenot just how she feels about her brother though <3
Old 04-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Wombat

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

FURTHER QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERING...

Jenn:

1. Why so serious?

2. Also, how are you able to super post so many posts per month? What's the secret?

3. Which banner/sigil is your favourite on all of Forsilvra? Which would be in your top five picks?

Adrien Fontenot:

1. If King Adrien was a Councillor, which position would he hold on the Royal Council? Why? (May or may not be based on his favourite Councillor).

2. What does King Adrien want his legacy to be?

3. Does Adrien find himself bound by duty to rule, or by right and entitlement?

4. What are Adrien's religious views? How faithful/devout does the King find himself to religion? Does it bore him?

5. Is Adrien more concerned about himself or his subjects?

6. Does Adrien have more of an eye for detail, or the type to see things in broad strokes looking at the bigger picture?

7. Is Adrien more of a patient or impatient individual?

Last edited by Wombat; 04-05-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:44 PM
CyanoticSparkle

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

For the writers:

- Favorite thread so far for these characters?
- If you could alter one aspect of the character, what would it be?
- Would you ever NOT want to play the character in a specific situation, and what would it be?

For Adrien:

- When it comes to the heart versus the head, is it often a difficult conflict? And which holds greater influence?
- If he could trade places with anyone in Forsilvra for a day, whom?

For Aleydis:

- One wish, what would it be?
- What would be the ultimate birthday gift for her?
Old 04-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
FURTHER QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERING...

Jenn:

1. Why so serious?

2. Also, how are you able to super post so many posts per month? What's the secret?

3. Which banner/sigil is your favourite on all of Forsilvra? Which would be in your top five picks?
1. It's called balance Shelly. For all of you who are extreme I am the voice of reason and to do that I must be SO SERIOUS. I'm the batman to your Joker. I keep you in check.

2. I'm just amazing. Let's admit it. But also, to be honest, I put a lot of time and effort into this place. For every minute spent posting, I probably spend two doing adminy things. In addition, I just write and type really fast. I spit out those 23 posts in about 2 - 2.5 hours today. In a given weekend, I can usually make 60+ posts. That adds up to quite a bit.

3. Well to make this a more fun and fair question, I'll omit any sigil I made and the two for my own houses.

I would say House Fleurant is one of them. I think it's beautiful. House Vaughan. House Forthwind. House Blanchard and House Faerald.. and House Cairroch as well.

But you know my secret favorite is my House Fontenot unicorn!

Quote:
Adrien Fontenot:

1. If King Adrien was a Councillor, which position would he hold on the Royal Council? Why? (May or may not be based on his favourite Councillor).

2. What does King Adrien want his legacy to be?

3. Does Adrien find himself bound by duty to rule, or by right and entitlement?

4. What are Adrien's religious views? How faithful/devout does the King find himself to religion? Does it bore him?

5. Is Adrien more concerned about himself or his subjects?

6. Does Adrien have more of an eye for detail, or the type to see things in broad strokes looking at the bigger picture?

7. Is Adrien more of a patient or impatient individual?

[/FONT]
1. Adrien would WANT to be the Authority of War or the Authority of Protection. He isn't big on studying. He doesn't have a good sense for money. He wouldn't be very good at Diplomacy. I think he has enough interest in war strategy and being a knight that those position appeal to him most. How, would he be good at them? That would remain to be seen. It would depend on the upbringing he received in a different setting.

2. I think he wants to see the kingdom recover from a dark period and he wants to be the one to lead them into that. But he is finding it difficult, because even though he believes that the provinces should want peace and unity in order to become stronger, they seem to have other plans. He see Jondé Fontenot as a huge hero and if he could do something on that scale he would.

---------- I shall answer the rest tomorrow! <3 KEEP THEM COMING!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:20 AM
Wombat

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Soon this thread will be over. Get it before it's gone!