Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn
Default 11/22: Atticus Hound and Elanor Fitzwulf

Our Featured characters of the bi-week are Atticus Hound and Elanor Fitzwulf! In this thread you the players can ask the character's owners questions about themselves or the character!

Character Owners, feel free to add anything interesting you choose

This week:

Character: Atticus Hound
Player: @Mango ( @Atticus Hound )

[/URL]
Character: Elanor Fitzwulf
Player: @Renna ( @Elanor Fitzwulf )
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

WELL ISN'T THIS A JUICY PAIR.

For both:

1. What is the inspiration for your character?
2. What is your characters greatest fear/greatest hope?
3. Something we might not readily know about your character? (A secret, a preference, a favorite thing?)
4. Why did you pick this particular player base to represent this character?
5. Which character (can be any in game, that they have or have not already met) would you like your character to interact more with, and why?

For Atticus:
1. Who is your favorite DeLauncey family member, and why? (That's right... I'm going there, Mangz.)
2. Greatest regret? (if any?)
3. If Atticus could escape to any one place in Forsilvra (and he has!) which one would it be?

For Elanor:
1. What do you foresee will be Elanor's greatest challenge be in the near future? Obviously the upcoming Arbrecht conflict, but more on a personal level rather than a political one.
2. Best memory? (Anywhere, with anyone, far past or recent.)
3. If Elanor could escape to any one place in Forsilvra, where would it be?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Atticus Hound
Be the father a wolf, if only the man is a man.

MANGO
Character
THE VANDERMARK
UNWED
NONE
N/A
N/A

WELL HELLO.

UHH hmm. This is hard! Atticus was created because Fri-cakes needed a best friend for Cassius. Friday had ideas about the DeLauncey family dynamic and how Atticus fit into that, with a few notions about his character, and I filled in the rest. Atticus is a character who has a few things to wrestle with regarding his past and his identity, but has tried to make himself into his own man and live a life without regrets. I see him as a character with a lot of internal conflict that he largely ignores or avoids. He is a pretty fun character because he has that roguish, attractive, 'adventurer' persona on the surface, and it's fun to make up his travels. But, he also is a bastard with no real prospects in terms of his own family, land, etc; even though he has significant ties to two province families, he is unable to call either truly his own. I guess part of my inspiration for Atticus is the idea of wanting to belong somewhere and play a role of significance. Another inspiration is the idea of 'freedom' - that is, the question of whether freedom is found in being free of ties, or in the power that comes with ties to people, land, etc.

2. What is your character's greatest fear/greatest hope?

If you ASKED Atticus, he would say that his greatest hope is to see every last inch of Forsilvra, and beyond. Really - and he won't admit this, even to himself - there is a part of him that hopes to settle down; not to stop travelling, but to have a true home and family of his own to return to. He certainly considers the DeLaunceys his family and The Hollows home in a sense - but not one of his own making. I guess his greatest hope is that some day he might have something of his own to offer a woman -- maybe even, in his wildest dreams, a particular woman...

His greatest fear is to let down those closest to him. Right now, this means the DeLauncey family, especially Cassius and Eveline -- but there is now a part of him that feels responsible for Elanor, too. His main priority right now is to keep Cassius afloat; he fears seeing his best friend fail or make irreparable mistakes.

3. Something we might not readily know about your character?

Atticus sometimes - and he denies this even to himself - resents Cassius. There is a lot his best friend doesn't realize - or chooses not to recognize - about Atticus, including the fact that Atticus might eventually want to settle down, but doesn't truly have the status to afford it (though Cassius could probably change that). Atticus also still feels a certain connection with the Fitzwulfs, but he feels uncomfortable bringing it up because Cassius might not understand (he scarcely understands it himself). These are just fleeting thoughts that occur to Atticus from time to time and he spends no time brooding on them because frankly he loves and admires Cassius a LOT.

4. Why did you pick this particular player base to represent this character?

Um, because Ryan Gosling! Is there any other reason required?

He's blond for the Fitzwulfiness, he's got this great scruff, and I've seen some great smirks/grins from Ryan so... yeah. I like him.

5. Which character (can be any in game, that they have or have not already met) would you like your character to interact more with, and why?

Atticus needs to interact more with his baby sister @Elanor Fitzwulf because it causes him great discomfort and that makes me happy. :P There needs to be more Fitzwulf/DeLauncey rivalry/misunderstandings/identity crisis issues in this man's life (he disagrees).

Also @Nessa Montrose! It will be fun to have two Arbrechtians in the DeLauncey family.

Who is your favorite DeLauncey family member, and why?

This is an utterly unfair question! Obviously it is between Cassius and Eveline, but he loves them for completely different reasons. Cassius is his best friend, and has his complete loyalty. They are brothers and Atticus is completely invested in Cassius' success and wellbeing. Eveline is his confidante, and has his love.... both familial and romantic, which makes things very complicated for everybody and so he just Does Not Acknowledge This. I think in some ways Eveline knows Atticus better than Cassius does... partly because I think she is more intuitive and observant and actually less self-absorbed.

THERE IS NO REAL ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. But if there was a sword to his throat he would probably say Eveline.

2. Greatest regret?

Not taking Eveline on one of his adventures. Not that he necessarily could have up and disappeared with her within the rules of propriety (and he is loyal enough to her and to her family to not want to mar her reputation or make them angry), but they might have been able to get permission for her to go someplace. He just never did.... because of the potential for making things complicated. I'm not sure he trusts himself not to cross a line.

3. If Atticus could escape to any one place in Forsilvra (and he has!) which one would it be?

Atticus love, love, LOVES Ahestere. It is hot and sandy and completely unlike either Arbrecht or the Vandermark. It truly is an escape. The only irksome part is that he is quite pale, so he burns easily.

Last edited by Atticus Hound; 11-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Atticus Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Elanor Fontenot
the Lily Queen

Renna
Character
Seventeen
Arbrecht
Married
Adrien Fontenot

Yay, I get to answer questions with my brother! 8D

I'm not certain there was one. The original plan was to transpose an old character, Elena, onto the site, because she had a fiery, acerbic nature and would be more than happy to lead a province. She didn't work, so I tried again, and I wasn't happy with the result of that application either...but it can never be said that I'm not stubborn, so I had my moment of "With God as my witness, I'll never go hungry again!" and then tried the application once more. Third time's the charm, and the end result pleased me both because the character was very different from my original, Melari Forthwind, and because I'd fallen in love with her. I hate doing applications, BEYOND hate it, but I have to say the agony of trying to come up with Elanor has given me one of the best characters I've ever written. Ultimately it was worth it.

There IS some similarity I've noticed lately with an existing character, though. I can't say that I consciously based Elanor on Galadriel when I was making her, but in hindsight I'm finding they share a lot of traits.

2. What is your character's greatest fear/greatest hope? Her greatest fear is failure. Not so much for her own sake but more for Arbrecht -- she wants so badly to help it shine. On a more personal level she's afraid of always being hated and never breaking past the stigma of her heritage. She copes with her loneliness out of necessity but certainly doesn't like it, which leads us to her greatest hope: to lead Arbrecht into greatness and to be loved. Not romantically, necessarily, but she wants to be looked up to and trusted rather than feared.

3. Something we might not readily know about your character? Meeting the kitten Rascal was the first time she has felt unfiltered, incautious love for another living creature. There are people she cares about very deeply, but even with her brother Jon there was always some kind of barrier to the full emotion. Her cat has no ulterior motives, no knowledge of who she is or her place in the rest of the world, and she loves him dearly for that.

4. Why did you pick this particular player base to represent this character? I didn't. Tink did. I was having an awful time finding a PB and she went "Use Emilia Clarke!". And I went "Who?" Then I looked up a picture and she had the serious, thoughtful beauty I was looking for, so that was that.

5. Which character would you like your character to interact more with, and why? Ooh there's a lot. Her half-brother Atticus, because they're related and it's awkward and she seems much more willing to call him her own than he is. Her real brother Jon, because it's fun writing them backdated before he died. Eveline and Marcheline deLauncey, Nessa Montrose (and Ailie Montrose if possible) because they are friends and she doesn't have enough of those and friendship is new to her. Lexington deLauncey and Wilhelm Storm because they're the first men she's felt any romantic/sexual pull to and that's new to her as well. Adrien Fontenot because their relationship is interesting. Aaaaand Tysilio Faerald, Bradyn Forthwind, and Thomas Fitzwulf take the roles of the older and wiser instructors, so I'd like to write more with them. I love relationships based around teaching and learning.

6. What do you foresee will be Elanor's greatest challenge be in the near future? Obviously the upcoming Arbrecht conflict, but more on a personal level rather than a political one. In the immediate future her greatest challenge will be trying to reconcile her gentle nature with the ugly things leaders sometimes have to do/forcing herself to have the courage and strength of will to do things that make her recoil. In the more distant future she'll have to deal with the demons that come after the Arbrecht conflict is over, and there are going to be many of them. I'm interested to see how much she'll change at that point.

7. Best memory? (Anywhere, with anyone, far past or recent.)

8. If Elanor could escape to any one place in Forsilvra, where would it be? Caelain. She loves the culture, especially the music, and admires how the province has done so well to hold onto peace and loyalty among the lords and banners. Elanor's been dying to attend a Harptide celebration for years and would be overjoyed to be in a place where her artistic talents could be freely explored instead of hidden. Not to mention she loves the Faerald family for their kindness to her.

Last edited by Elanor Fontenot; 11-30-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Elanor Fontenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

Fantastic!!! I LOVE IT! This is why we do this!!!

1. If your character could change one thing about their past what would it be. Anything. Even the totally unrealistic!

2. If it were the 20th century and love wasn't tied to politics, look around the whole game and who would match best with your character?

3. Your character scored a passport to the modern earth. Where would they visit? Why?

4. Indulge us in their favorite desert