Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Nyska
Queen of Hearts

Player
Character
None
None
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Nyska Send a message via Yahoo to Nyska Send a message via Skype™ to Nyska
Default Thelyn Faerald

[Your Information]
Name: Nyska

[Public Application]

Character Name: Thelyn Faerald
Character Age: 14
Birthday: May 9, 227
Current Location:
House: Faerald
Banner Appearance:
House Description: A proud and ancient house boasting its descent from the mythical Bard-King Faeral, House Faerald ruled as Kings of Great-Caelain from their ancient seat of Caerthynas before relinguishing that crown to rule as lords under the Fontenot Kings, once their most trusted bannermen. Their centuries-old rule over the Caelish Isles started when Brennan Faerald united the Island of Caelain under his rule, becoming the first King. Under the rule of various other kings, most notably Artur Faerald the Conqueror, who first landed on the isle of Cemria in 580 BF, conquering its coastline and enclosing it in castles, the kingdom gradually expanded to cover the whole of the Caelish Isles.

As rulers of a kingdom consisting of three isles, the Faeralds are skilled at keeping their lords together. They accomplish this through a mix of strength and political skill, and they have a reputation for being especially skilled at politics. They also have a reputation for being true to their word. In addition, they are very committed to family values, and loyal to the Fontenots, with whom they have a familial bond that goes back ages, most recently to the King's mother, Corenna Faerald Fontenot.

Faeralds are fair-skinned and brown-haired, with green or brown eyes. The House words are Our Words Resound.

Player Base: Ryan Hanson Bradford
Appearance:
Personality: Thelyn is the second born child to Uthaer and Annalisa Faerald and brother to Lyneth. He acts more like his father than his mother and sister and is trying to follow in his footsteps. He's currently starting in basic training with the Harpers to become a knight later. He's is so far showing good progress as he wishes to please his father by becoming a strong and fierce warrior. He cares a great deal for the bow and wants to become the best archer anyone could know. He'd look for any excuse to go out with his bow and shoot whatever he's able to with it. He finds it thrilling and it's so far his favorite activity. With any sort of knight/battle training it's probably best to wield a sword, but so far Thelyn prefers bows above them.

Though not as quick witted as the rest of his family, he's still sharp and can snap back quickly from any sort of mocking or taunting. He gets this a lot from his sister, but it hardly bothers him as he can usually manage a good defense in return. He can be a bit stubborn maybe even cocky, especially to his sister Lyneth, but he really does love her dearly (even if he doesn't show it). They're family after all. He shows more love towards his mother and expresses a deep admiration for what his father does. He most wants to be like him because he thought or wanted to imagine Uthaer as a great warrior. Thelyn never knew him much when he was younger for when he was only four and becoming closer to his father, Uthaer had been captured and was gone for nearly three years.

History: When Thelyn was very young and at the point where he was being able to talk and participate in conversations, his father, Uthaer, was captured by Cemrics and didn't come back. While Thelyn's mother mourned for him to return, Thelyn himself was far too young to understand. At first he would play as a child normally would, expecting his father to be back any time. When he never showed, Thelyn would ask nearly continously where he was and when he'd be back. Some days he would try to play and have fun and believe his father'd be back any moment. Other days he would stare out the window as long as he was able to. However, he couldn't seem to understand his father may never come back.

This went on for a while until one day he and his sister were gathered up and taken to Porthaeron by their mother. This confused him a bit and brought up more questions for him to ask often as he could. He become a bit more withdrawn and wanted to be back home in case Uthaer came back as Thelyn still wanted to believe he would as he missed him dearly. He slowly learned to get on with his life besides the occassional watching and whining for his father. He played with his sister, Lyneth, and.. was mostly mocked in return, but he still cares for her and mocks her back to show that he does.

A few years later when he was finally starting to be able to grasp what happened to his father, Uthaer returned. While others may have been happy and welcomed him back, Thelyn was more confused than ever. After all, how was a young boy supposed to understand all this. While Uthaer's return could be taken in so many different ways by so many different people, Thelyn began to learn to think of it as inspiration. He was overjoyed to have him finally back and decided he needed to make him happy in return. When he may not so much have an extremely fatherly/loving like relationship with Uthaer anymore he still tries to please him and wants only to be like him and make him proud.

In order to better do that, Thelyn decided he wanted to be a warrior himself. He started training with the Yeoman Harpers to learn better combat skills and got to loving the bow far more than he'd ever care to use a sword. If chances of ever being a real Harper are slim (due to them being mostly only commoners), he'd settle for being a (what he calls) 'normal' knight, but he'll always have a fascination for the rangers and scouts in the Harpers because of their apparent prowess for archery, his very favorite activity.

Writing Sample: Outside alone was the best place to be and the best of times to think and play. The only thing that made it better was a good bow, some arrows, and a nice target. He looked around for a suitable target and ended up laying eyes on a tree not a too huge distance away. He nocked an arrow, aimed for the dead center of the trunk, and fired. The shot missed and sailed clear past the tree and away into somewhere he wouldn't go looking for it later.

He frowned a little, but was determined not to let it get to him. Readying another arrow, he fired and was pleased this time to see it sticking out of the trunk. Right where he wanted it to be. He grinned and looked around as if expecting there to suddenly be someone watching his accomplishment. When there was obviously no one there, he blushed in embarrassment. He shook his head and looked back at the tree. He still had some arrows and wanted to see them all poking out from his target. He was getting better and just knew one day he'd be the best.

[Time Line Events]
Year 205: Uthaer Faerald is born
Year 206: Annalisa Alysworth Faerald is born
Year 225: Lyneth is born
Year 227: Thelyn is born
Year 231: Uthaer is captured by Cemric raiders
Year 233: Uthaer manages to escape captivity and returns home to Caerthynas
Year 235: Plague hits Caelain
Year 241: Game Start

Family Genealogy:
<strike>Maereus Faerald</strike> -- Spouse
Tysilio Faerald -- Elwen Kyffin
Aiden Faerald
Deirdre Faerald
Brennan Faerald
Artur Faerald
<strike>Corenna Faerald Fontenot</strike>
<strike>Haluin Faerald</strike>
Sir Calhad Faerald -- Sequin Fleurant
Florys Faerald (twin)
Darla Faerald (twin)
Aemrys Faerald -- <strike>Rhona Kyffin</strike>
Sir Teodor Faerald -- Elisa Tanear
Sir Kaye Faerald -- wife
Matildis Faerald [husband Name]
Sir Rhys Faerald -- <strike>Eira Faerald</strike>
Sir Uthaer Faerald -- Annalisa Alysworth Faerald
Lyneth Faerald
Thelyn Faerald
Gwynver Faerald
Wylfred Faerald -- wife
more cousins

Last edited by Nyska; 10-25-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Tysilio Faerald
Everyone's favourite uncle

Marty
Character
Thirty-Eight
Caelain
Married
Elwen Kyffin
N/A

Looks good, but for one thing: it seems the position of the Yeomen Harpers is unclear. Technically, only commoners are usually in the Harpers. Their noble commanders only join them later (if there's an inconsistency with Uthaer's profile here, please say so!), as knights. So I think Thelyn, while training with the Harpers due to his father's connections, should not be training to become a Harper, but rather in preparation for knighthood.

Does that make sense?

"When I swore that from that day on, for all the days of my life, I would be true to my people and keep the King's peace, shield the weak and judge justly, I accepted a heavy burden. It's never been heavier on me than in the past month. But I must keep bearing it, if only because somebody has to and I was born to do so."
Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Nyska
Queen of Hearts

Player
Character
None
None
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Nyska Send a message via Yahoo to Nyska Send a message via Skype™ to Nyska

Ah okay that makes sense
I was just going with what it said for Thelyn in the Character Requests and I wasn't 100% sure what do do for the part about the Harpers.. so I guessed XD
I'll get it fixed up some in a short bit.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Nyska
Queen of Hearts

Player
Character
None
None
N/A

Fixed a bit.. I think.. lol
I can add a bit more if need be though :3
Old 10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Nyska's confusion in all of that is my fault, Marty. I think I still don't have a full grasp on everything despite the post you made of it a while back. LOL

After reviewing it several times, I think this meets an APPROVED. I only have a little reservation on the writing sample not because of content but more because of technical format. But I haven't really posted with you much yet, so I've been informed that you shine more in-game once you're out and about.

With Thelyn he has a lot of flexibility of being in other places of Caerthynas. Aurora's group is there, so feel free to drop in on them in order to annoy your sister a little bit...or meet the princess. The two are very close in age.

Love the PB choice, the kid is adorable!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

The format can be fixed. Nyska you just need to make your paragraphs real paragraphs by taking out the 'enter' between sentences so that it flows. It's just cosmetic but makes it harder to read

Ill read the profile tonight when I'm out of a meetin
Old 10-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Nyska
Queen of Hearts

Player
Character
None
None
N/A

Sorry ^^; I make 'enters' a lot because walls of text scare me. Will be fixed

Edit: Also I realize I suck at Writing Samples XD I blame it on the fact that I have nothing to reply to so I can never think of what to write for them.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

I have to ask about the relationship between thelyn and uthaer prior to him disappearing. As a mother of three I can promise you that a four year old would most definitely notice and be affected by the disappearance of a father who had been there and then was not there. My kids notice if he isn't home for dinner.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

I don't like walls either. If you hit enter always hit it twice.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Nyska
Queen of Hearts

Player
Character
None
None
N/A

Kay sorry. :3 I shall fix some more.

Edit: Or at least I'll try to D: It's raining and my internet's getting a bit choppy now so it may end up having to wait til the rain stops.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Nyska
Queen of Hearts

Player
Character
None
None
N/A

Fixed..? I think. =P I'll need to reread like a bazillion times but I hope that's decent or okay enough.. Cbox and its distractions + my amazing not knowing much about young children make me questionable at my own fixings XD
Old 10-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A