Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn
Default 11/9: Tysilio Faerald and Rhiannon Prothero

Our Featured characters of the bi-week are Tysilio Faerald and Rhiannon Prothero. I will be picking using a randomizer and swapping them out, and then in this thread you the players can ask the character's owners questions about themselves or the character!

Sorry this took so long!

Character Owners, feel free to add anything interesting you choose

This week:

Character: Tysilio Faerald
Player: Marty

Character: Rhiannon Prothero
Player: Latara
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Carys Forthwind

Alygator
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

How did Tysilio get such a very long and cool title?

Is Rhiannon hidding any secretly awesome talant?
Carys Forthwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

What does your character do for their bedtime routine?

What is your favorite thing about playing this character?

Who was your character's real first love crush?

What is the hardest decision they have ever made?

What is the goofiest thing they like to wear?
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Marty
The Flying Dutchman

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Quote:
How did Tysilio get such a very long and cool title?
It's a traditional perk that comes with being Lord Faerald that carried over from the time of the Faerald Kings of Great-Caelain. It's evolved. Since the time of their legendary ancestor Faeral the Bard-King (and strictly speaking, his father Lord Uthaer), the Faeralds have ruled as "Lord of the Caeles" and/or "Lord of Caerthynas" as the rulers and kings of the tribe of the Caeles. When Brennan I united the island of Caelain, he became "His Grace Brennan I Faerald, King of Caelain, Lord of the Caeles". In a similar vein, when King Florys the Merchant established the merchant port of Porthaeron and colonised Ayron, it was his daughter, Deirdre, who succeeded him, who styled herself "Her Grace Deirdre Faerald, Queen of Caelain and Ayron, Lady of the Caeles".

Several changes happened when Artur the Conqueror conquered Cemria. For one, he changed the name of the Kingdom to "Great-Caelain", and thus styled himself "King of Great-Caelain". Because Ayron was still his domain, he added "Lord of Ayron" to his titles. There's a reason "Prince of Cemria" is a princely, rather than a lordly title, seeing as by adopting this title, he asserted sovereignty over all the Cemric Tribes, who were ruled by their own princes. "Keeper of the King's Peace" has evolved, er... somewhere along the way.

So basically the title Tysilio carries is the old royal title, adjusted for the fact that his namesake, Tysilio I, bend the knee to Jondé Fontenot. Hence also why he is called "His Grace the Lord Tysilio of House Faerald, the Second of His Name, High Lord of Great-Caelain, Lord of Caerthynas, Lord of the Caeles, Prince of Cemria, Lord of Ayron and Keeper of the King's Peace." Plus it shows something about the standing of the Faeralds that he still uses this title: it reflects that since the time of the Kings, the position of House Faerald within Caelain hasn't really changed.

That, and it's cool. OOcly, I quite like long titles with all due and dry formality.

Quote:
I think Tysilio would read some, then contemplate what he's read and try to find some relevance for today's meanings. Then he'd just go to sleep.

Quote:
Definitely the fact that I get to make up all the fancy details about House Faerald, Tysilio's close kin and Caelain. Plus, I like Tysilio's mannerisms and general attitude to being a lord, which quite ties in to the idea of the ideal lord in Caelish tradition. He's a popular guy, and he's a right influential man, what with the fact that his sister is the King's mother?

Quote:
I think it might be the daughter of some vassal to Caerthynas or the other. Nothing special there, except of course that Calhad tried to talk him into asking for her hand, which, after a lecture from Haluin and a talk to Corenna, he didn't do. He did spend some romantic moments with her and even secretly brought her a serenade (remember, Tysilio can sing like a Faerald... his voice resounds )

Quote:
Hmm.... There's got to be something. I think Tysilio's hardest decision would have to be something he did as Province Lord, though I can't imagine anything because of the assumption that he's somewhat of a natural. I think perhaps I need to search for it on the borderline between personal and political. Tysilio might have experienced a struggle, after Corenna and his father died in Forsilvra, between his heart telling him to go and visit his nephew as often as possible and his mind telling him that wasn't such a good idea as Caelain would be without a grown man on the throne at Caerthynas if he were to die of the plague. As you know, Jenn, he kept visiting Forsilvra.

Quote:
Ooh, I haven't thought of that, I must admit. Let me get back to you. If I don't answer the question before the 2 weeks of featured character are over, feel free to ask me again until I've got an answer for you.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Roswyn Althalos Lorterra
the best queen EVAH

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

I have some questions!

Was there any real historical people that helped you inspire your character or inspired them?

What is your [the player] favorite book?

What scene are you most looking forward to RPing with the character?

Would your character want to spend a day as the opposite sex?
Roswyn Althalos Lorterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Marty
The Flying Dutchman

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Quote:
Was there any real historical people that helped you inspire your character or inspired them?
No, not really.

Quote:
I like books. Unfortunately, I like lots of them. Among my all-time favourites are The Lord of the Rings and A Song of Ice and Fire, obviously. Usually, I tend not to try and pick a single all-time favourite book because it changes every day and possibly depends on which on my list of great books I read last or last had anything to do with.

Quote:
I haven't really planned a lot of scenes with Tysilio; I don't know if that's a bad thing. I'll answer your question in more general terms, then see if, while writing the answer, I'll come up with a more specific scene. I'm rather looking forward to the politics and all that: things like a Caelish Grand Council meeting (which is like a medieval English Parliament, sort of) should be fun, or grand ceremonies (I like that as well). In terms of what I've planned for the plot, a confrontation with Prince Owyn of Dun Eamrath and possibly passing a sentence over the traitorous Cemric bastard should be fun as well. I've been musing to myself how that might go.

Quote:
Hmmm... no, I don't think so. Tysilio is very happy with himself, and though he loves and appreciates women (and not just because they're good-looking, also because of the usually gentler side of female personalities; for examples, see the complete musings of Tysilio as to his sister Corenna, his closest sibling), he couldn't see himself spending a day as the opposite sex. Besides, unless it is for magic, it would ruin his image, and Tysilio is very conscious about his image.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Latara
life is not a song

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Quote:
Is Rhiannon hidding any secretly awesome talant?
Not really. She's better at embroidery and other more 'ladylike' skills than she would ever want to reveal, because you know, she has to demand respect from other provinces.

Quote:

1. She always put her kids to bed, when they were small, no matter what she was busy with. But they are all getting older now so she'll have to change that up eventually lol.

2. Probably her being such a badass :P But really, probably her navigating court at large while being a woman and not knowing how everyone feels about that.

3. She was an overly practical child and never really had the all consuming crush or anything before Bal. It took her a little bit to understand Bal but he's the only one she ever loved.

4. When to close off the ports during the plague, and to what ships. It was hard to balance business considerations and you know, not dying considerations. She wasn't like Madagascar in pandemic or anything, but she also had to try and keep it off their shores which obviously didn't work.

5. She probably steals Bal's robes sometimes, but wouldn't tell him because she makes fun of him for wearing them.

Quote:

1. I don't usually do based on historical figures, Rhiannon was a combo of my love of Curse of the Golden Flower (informing my PB choice), certain v 1 chars (like Alexei and Adeline in personality mostly?), and just in general what I set out for the culture of Lacharn which came first.

2. ME? Probably The Great Gatsby, but mostly just anything by my fave authors (Fitzgerald, Thomas Pynchon, Neil Gaiman) and like Harry Potter, my favorite thing of life basically.

3. Anything with a crisis. Seeing how chars want to react in really tense situations can tell you a lot about playing them.

4. I think she would be curious to see if people treated her differently, but other than that, not really.
Latara is offline   Reply With Quote