Player
Character
None
None

Send a message via Yahoo to Fiona
Default Sunniva Oighrig Ermendrud Vulferam

[Your Information]
Name:Fiona
For messengers: Contact me with the service of your choice and i'll add you.

[Public Application]

Character Name:Sunniva Oighrig Ermendrud Vulferam
Character Age: 18
Birthday (including year): Year 223: August 3rd
Current Location: Mier
House: Vulferam

Player Base: Lily Collins
Appearance: Sunniva is slim and 5.8" tall.

Personality:

Sunniva can be very impulsive and has a habit to not consider the consequences of her actions carefully enough (or not at all). She is a light hearted person and loves to have a good time. She is optimistic and can see the good things even in the darkest of times. Her usually bright mood can cheer up everyone around her. Family is important to Sunniva. She deeply loves all her siblings and other close relatives. She is very close to her mother Sepphora and strives to be like her. If she is among friends and allies she loves to chatter and fool around. When strangers are present, Sunniva is bit more reserved. She’ll only talk when asked a question or when she feels that it’s necessary. Most of the time she’s perfectly fine with staying in the background and to listen to the conversation.

Some people, especially strangers tend to underestimate Sunniva, discounting her as one of the women with average intelligence who don’t have an idea how the world around them works. That however is a great mistake as Sunniva inherited her family’s intelligence. The library is among her favourite places, Sunniva loves to read books and dreams to see all the countries described in them. Her visit to Forsilvra in spring had been a real eye opener to her. Sunniva learnt a lot about the realm and how politics work. She has realised that she has to be careful if she and her house are to survive. Beeing a Vulferam she is intent to do what needs to be done to protect herself and her house. With war looming over Arbrecht the unburdened time of her childhood has gone and she struggles to find her place in the fast changing world around her.

History:
Being the fourth daughter of Conchobhar Vulferam V and Sepphora Vulferam Sunniva never was much in the focus of her parents. They had more important things to focus on, like the education of her older brothers. That doesn’t imply they neglected Sunniva’s education. As a devoted and loving mother Sepphora Vulferam took great interesting in the upbringing of all her children, especially of the girls’. Sunniva had to learn all the things that were expected of a daughter of one of the Houses of Arbrecht. At times that bored her greatly. Often her mother would teach the girls herself. Those lessons were the bright spots in Sunniva’s life. She always greatly enjoyed the hours she spent together with the other two women.

Sunniva had an untroubled childhood till the plague reached Arbrecht and a bit later the castle of Mier. In those dark times Sunniva started to spend more time with her family and less time in the library. A year later the War of Heldenbrecht brought even more death to her house. The war didn’t go well for her the Vulferams and in the end her father had to bend his knees to Wiliam Fitzwulf and to accept him as his lord. For the always-optimistic Sunniva this was quite a shock, confronting her the first time with the realities of Forsilvra’s politics. The defeat hurt and difficult times begun for the house Vulferam. As wise as the decision to surrender might have been, not everyone approved of that decision. In the months that followed Sunniva spent most of her time supporting her mother and her younger silblings.

A few months later Sunniva's father died and her oldest brother Conor inherited his father’s title. With the plague ending and the wounds of the recent war slowly healing a time of relative peace begun. Slowly and mostly unnoticed by Sunniva, politics of Arbrecht became more and more unstable. In spring 241 the king called the house Vulferam to Forsilvra to celebrate the end of the plague. A chance for Sunniva to leave Arbrecht for the first time in her live. Their visit abruptly ended with the imminent outbreak of war in Arbrecht.

Writing Sample:
Sunniva had been sitting on boring needlework almost the entire afternoon when she heard the sound of hoofs from the courtyard. She laid down her needlework on the table in front of her, got up and walked over to the window and glanced down at the courtyard. Her brother Conor and his man were back from the errand they had gone to early in the morning. She had heard them riding off before sunrise through the open window in her bedroom. She glanced to her half-finished needlework and decided she had enough of it for this day. She decided instead of sitting down again and finishing it she would go and see if her brother had brought any news back with him.

Sunniva left her room, smoothing her dark green dress a little while walking towards the stairs. When she emerged in to the courtyard her mother Sepphora was already there.
Now with her father dead and her brother Lord of the House Vulferam, her mother was more involved in politics then ever. Sunniva was sure that her mother had been the driving force behind a few of Conor’s latest endeavours.

Sunniva wondered what it had been this time. According to the sweating horses, it hadn’t been a ride just to the next town. Had he gone to seek new allies or maybe even arranged a marriage for her? In a few moments she would hopefully know. Sunniva knew that soon a marriage would be arranged for her, but she tried not to think of that.

[Time Line Events]

Year 207: June 2 Conchobhar Tuathal Murchadh Vulferam V betrothal to Heloise Maciomhair is broken. June 3 Fionnbharr Seachlann Torcan Vulferam marries Heloise Maciomhair. July 30 Conchobhar Tuathal Murchadh Vulferam V is betrothed to Sepphora Blanchard. September 7 Conchobhar Tuathal Murchadh Vulferam V marries Sepphora Blanchard.
Year 208: July 21 Conchobhar Tuathal Murchadh Vulferam VI "Conor" is born
Year 223:August 3 Sunniva Oighrig Ermendrud Vulferam is born
Year 225: Conchobhar Tuathal Murchadh Vulferam VI marries Ammeline DeLauncey, later that year the twins Everild Ammeline Sithmaith Vulferam and Conchobhar Tuathal Murchadh Vulferam VII "Conan” are born.
Year 226: Sigrid Isolde Rathnait Vulferam is born.
Year 228: Aurelius Seachlann Tuathal Vulferam is born.
Year 231: Egon Ragnvald Murchadh Vulferam is born. Meanwhile the plague of Turpis Morbi begins to surface in the city of Ernsaw and commences its ravaging throughout Forsilvra, claiming the life of Naomhan Andreas Tadhg Vulferam a year after he is born as well as Shirin Ailis Deirdre Vulferam.
Year 234: The War of Heldenbrecht commences with the Fitzwulfs attempting to overthrow the Blanchards.
Year 235: Clementine Tuilelaith Mavourneen Vulferam is born and Ammeline DeLauncey Vulferam dies in childbirth.
Year 236: Ivor Tancred Somerled Vulferam falls in battle during the War of Heldenbrecht while later that year Eimear Aingeal Rathnait Vulferam dies from a wound that becomes infected.
Year 237: On January 9th, Conchobhar Tuathal Murchadh Vulferam V accepts William Fitzwulf as his Liege Lord. Later that year in May he dies of plague, and Conor succeeds as Banner Lord for House Vulferam.
Year 238: The War of Heldenbrecht ends, favoring a Fitzwulf victory.
Year 240: The last recorded incidents of the plague are noted, and Turpis Morbi officially ends its wildfire of illness.
Year 241: Present day, House Vulferam aids Corbin Blanchard in reclaiming his rightful place as Liege Lord in Arbrecht commencing the War of Arbrecht.

Family Genealogy:

Spoiler

Conor's profile served as source for the timeline and the genealogy, credits to the OP.

Old Version of profile:

Spoiler

Last edited by Fiona; 08-28-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Sepphora Vulferam_
House Vulferam

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Sunniva is the fourth daughter and seventh child of Conri and Sepphora
Old 01-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Fiona

Player
Character
None
None

grml right! Fixed it
Old 01-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Deek

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Approved.
Smoke and drink and swear
It's my problem, it's my problem
If I feel the need to hide
And it's my problem if I have no friends
And feel I want to die
Old 01-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Conor Vulferam
Do As He Says

Random
Character
Thirty-Three
Arbrecht
Widowed
Ammeline DeLauncey

approved
Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

Lovely! Approved! <3
Old 08-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Fiona

Player
Character
None
None

Ladies and Gentlemen I present, the all new Sunniva Oighrig Ermendrud Vulferam!

Personality and History got revised and extended where needed.
Timele line and genealogy got updated.

All done :-)

Last edited by Fiona; 08-26-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Quote:
As wise as the decision to surrender might have been, it didn’t come without a toll. Sunniva’s mother never forgave her father that he turned his back on her family. It was like a rift when through the house Vulferam. In the months that followed Sunniva spent most of her time with her mother and her younger siblings.
I would adjust this. None of the current family has this listed in their profiles and this is something serious that would affect everyone under the household. Maybe something to the effect where Sepphora might softly verbalize her discomfort with the decision or something extremely subtle would be better.

APPROVED pending correction.

@Sea @Latara or @John for a second family member opinion followed by @Jenn or @Friday for final admin stamp.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Latara
life is not a song

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

I thought it was pretty established Vulferam canon and led to Sepphora sticking her neck out (quite literally) for Corbin?

Stamp by me!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:51 AM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latara View Post
I thought it was pretty established Vulferam canon and led to Sepphora sticking her neck out (quite literally) for Corbin?

Stamp by me!
Sticking up for the Blanchards versus family-wide rift as is being implied seem like two different beasts. Otherwise I would have to go in and change Conor's profile to reflect that.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:00 AM
Latara
life is not a song

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

I assumed what she meant was that Conri and Sepphora never reconciled, which I had thought was established. But if I'm wrong, carry on.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latara View Post
I assumed what she meant was that Conri and Sepphora never reconciled, which I had thought was established. But if I'm wrong, carry on.
It was established in the original profile of Sepphora. http://www.forsilvra.net/showthread.php?t=5171

Quote:
Then war broke out. It was an ugly war which Sepphora had to witness the fall of her great family. After the deaths of his twin brother and favorite nephew, Conri turned his back on Sepphora's brother and family. He surrendered to William Fitzwulf and aided him to end the war. Sepphora refused to look Conri in the eyes after that. She didn't speak a single word to him ever again. Even on his death bed, another victim of the plague. Sepphora accepted widowhood with grace and relief. It felt strange the first year no longer being Conri's wife, after all she had spent most of her life being just that. The plague had killed many in the Vulferam's family. Most of Conri's brothers died except one his brother Oisin. The only brother Sepphora ever liked or trusted. She was able to take back some power thanks to her eldest son Conor.
As the character wasn't RPed much, and given what we have in canon now with Corbin being there (as that plot came after this character left) I think it would be best to exclude this and go with what we've been rping up to this date.

Hope that helps!

<3
Old 08-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Sea
Better to do nothing than do it badly

Player
Character
None
None
N/A

Aside from the detail brought up by Lah, the rest is good. So my approval is pending until the whole detail is fixed or settled on.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Fiona

Player
Character
None
None

I referred to that in my first profile of Sunniva.

I changed the part in question to:
Quote:
The defeat hurt and difficult times begun for the house Vulferam. As wise as the decision to surrender might have been, not everyone approved of that decision. In the months that followed Sunniva spent most of her time supporting her mother and her younger silblings.

A few months later Sunniva's father died and her oldest brother Conor inherited his father’s title.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

Just need @Lahariel to accept changes and then Jenn/I will give final approval!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Looks good.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

ACCEPTED!

All required parties have approved your profile and you may now post.

Links of Importance

Profile Set Up Directions - Read this to ensure you do everything required to properly set up your character profile. Ensure your character's display name is the proper color.

Plot Pages Forum - Swing by here to make your plot page and post on others

Province Plot Threads - Contain the timeline for each province. Use this to ensure your character starts in the right place.

Tags
sunniva