Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn
Default 7/4: Ossian Storm and Abrielle Laroche

Our Featured characters of the bi-week are Ossian Storm and Abrielle Laroche! In this thread you the players can ask the character's owners questions about themselves or the character!

Character Owners, feel free to add anything interesting you choose

This week:

Character: Ossian Storm
Player: Kyle

Character: Abrielle Laroche
Player: Kiera
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Mikey

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

For the owners, how long ago did you start forum rps, how much have you grown as writers because of it, and how did you start?

Bonus question for Kyle, how much do you love me?
Old 07-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Friday
King of the Railroad

The Red Queen
Character
Infinite
Middle Earth
Love Quadrangle
Mango
N/A
N/A

lol, Mikey.

To writers: what was your inspiration for this particular character?

To characters themselves: greatest enemy? greatest love?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:15 AM
ThegnAnsgar

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

To writers:

1. Are there any sort of films or literature that give you some sort of muse/ideas in regards to writing your character?

2. Are there any particular songs that motivate you to write?

To characters:

Do you have any particular individual or culture that you absolutely loathe, to the point that you would want to wipe them out completely or if unable to that personally, to order their destruction?

Bonus to Kyle:

You love me more than Mikey don't you?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Kyle

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Mikey

I've been rockin' this forum RP business since January of 2006. I started out on SimRTK, but was so super confused by that shit that I hardly did anything there for years (it's still super unnecessarily complicated and ridiculous, but I just ignore mechanics and RP when our community doesn't have a site going). I somehow ended up on one of Jorge's sites and then SGS opened and I went there, and that's how I met you dicks (well, not you specifically because you weren't rockin' that SGS lifestyle, or Sam, or Aaron, but the rest of the community I met there, lol). =P

As for my growth as a writer because of it, well, you've seen me progress through the years. The only reason I'm a writer of any sort is forum RPing. The evolution from awkward one-liners to coherent sentence-making is a satisfying one.

Also, now that you're legal Mikey, I can confess that my love for you is greater than ten thousand suns' heat. ;O

Freitag!

Quote:
Well, I never really have any particular inspiration for a character when I start making them. I honestly decide on the fly as I type them up. Surprisingly, this doesn't turn out horribly for me, lol. I'd have to say that I seem to be channeling a bit a character that I did my best writing ever with. Though, Ossian is definitely different from the other, I have noted some similarities between the two (Mikey and Sam may have noticed, though I hope it's not glaringly obvious >_>).

Quote:
"My, love and hate, two very extremes that I would more than like to avoid. A steady and careful neutrality is the key to a long life; going too far toward either direction usually ends poorly, or so I've noticed."

Aaron-sama

Quote:
Are there any sort of films or literature that give you some sort of muse/ideas in regards to writing your character?
No sir. I really don't watch much television, nor do I watch very many movies. As for basing characters on literature I've never fully understood. Why would I base a character of my own on one that already exists and is of someone else's creation?

Quote:
Are there any particular songs that motivate you to write?
Well that's an impossible question to answer seeing as I am always listening to music, and that is not an exaggeration (it's why I don't watch tv or movies or anything else because then I'd have to stop listening to music and that's not cool. As of late, I have been listening to a lot of Pinback (almost every day for the past like month actually), and even more recently, I've been jamming to a lot of atmospheric "post-rock" artists like Epigram and The Echelon Effect. But I generally listen to tons of artists everyday because I'm always jamming unless I'm sleeping, lol.

Quote:
Do you have any particular individual or culture that you absolutely loathe, to the point that you would want to wipe them out completely or if unable to that personally, to order their destruction?
"It seems there are quite a few emotional people asking questions. Surely there are plenty of people that I do not prefer to be around, but I do not think that I have ever felt the need to destroy anyone -- or anything, for that matter. And I hope that I can remain fortunate enough to not have a reason to feel such toward another being or thing.

Quote:
Bonus to Kyle: You love me more than Mikey don't you?
You two are cruel beasts, ya dacks. Anywho, Aaron! I've never RPd with you ever in all this time somehow! Because of that, I have to pick Mikey for he and I have written together, even if not very many times. Plus he's my pops and shit. We should amend this lack of writing with one another soon. I was looking forward to our Liu Zhang/Zhang Ren action, but that unfortunately never turned out. I still love you, though! D;
Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Mikey

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Because of that, I have to pick Mikey for he and I have written together, even if not very many times.
Kyle! You've made me the happiest barely-legal man alive! D;
Old 07-06-2012, 11:20 PM
ThegnAnsgar

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
No sir. I really don't watch much television, nor do I watch very many movies. As for basing characters on literature I've never fully understood. Why would I base a character of my own on one that already exists and is of someone else's creation?
I mean more something that inspires you rather than basing a character on one that already exists. But good answer.

Quote:
Well that's an impossible question to answer seeing as I am always listening to music, and that is not an exaggeration (it's why I don't watch tv or movies or anything else because then I'd have to stop listening to music and that's not cool. As of late, I have been listening to a lot of Pinback (almost every day for the past like month actually), and even more recently, I've been jamming to a lot of atmospheric "post-rock" artists like Epigram and The Echelon Effect. But I generally listen to tons of artists everyday because I'm always jamming unless I'm sleeping, lol.
Another good answer.

Quote:
"It seems there are quite a few emotional people asking questions. Surely there are plenty of people that I do not prefer to be around, but I do not think that I have ever felt the need to destroy anyone -- or anything, for that matter. And I hope that I can remain fortunate enough to not have a reason to feel such toward another being or thing.
That's reassuring.

Quote:
You two are cruel beasts, ya dacks. Anywho, Aaron! I've never RPd with you ever in all this time somehow! Because of that, I have to pick Mikey for he and I have written together, even if not very many times. Plus he's my pops and shit. We should amend this lack of writing with one another soon. I was looking forward to our Liu Zhang/Zhang Ren action, but that unfortunately never turned out. I still love you, though! D;
The Liu Zhang/Zhang Ren action ended up getting stolen away by Forsilvra. I'm sorry for leaving you hanging, but I left something awesome for something awesomer (this place right here). Although we have RPd with before, but it was a sekkrit one on Betrayals where nobody (not even Mikey or Steve or Adam) knew who I was.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Kiera
Allons-y!

Kiera
Character
Mega-Old
Forsilvra
Married
Some guy

Send a message via AIM to Kiera Send a message via Skype™ to Kiera

Sorry to everyone who asked questions, I know it's been a few months, but I'm answering now! I hope that's alright! /blush/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
For the owners, how long ago did you start forum rps, how much have you grown as writers because of it, and how did you start?
@Mikey,

I can't honestly tell you how long it's been since I've started these forums, too long to remember I suppose. I remember back when we rp'd everything in AIM and then posted on Live Journal! Or .. what was it ... Yahoo! Groups? Gosh. I feel old. I'll answer for rp's in general, I hope that's okay, I'm not sure what I first hopped on forums! (Sorry.)

I remember @Jennifer recruited me in the waybacks! To SMRPG was it? I played Sailor Jupiter, Chibi Usa, then eventually got my hands on Sailor V? Gosh I don't even remember. I was thirteen years old. I'm much older now, but age being a secret and all I can't tell you or I'd have to do something drastic!

When I first started writing instead of you I used the letter u, it was just ugly I'll be honest, I mean runons all over the joint! I think though, with a lot of help from friends and Jenn, I grew to be so much more creative than I ever imagined I could be (heh) and a much better writer. Dare I say I've fallen in love with writing and many languages once I figured out the delight of writing with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post

@Friday,

Honestly, I always have wanted a solid yet SCARY girl character. The kind of girl that I *could* have been growing up but certainly wasn't. Bubbly, peachy, crazy about fun and sun! I suppose if I had to pick any one character who I try to model her after is my favorite character from Firefly, Kaylee.

Abrielle found herself pondering still as she stared at Friday's question. "My greatest love at this point in my life has to be my best friend 'Cisse! She keeps me sane, grounded, and I'm less likely to get to scrappin' when she's around. She keeps me ladylike I suppose! Narcisse is always around to chat, listen to my rants even if they are a bit immature, and ... well ... She's my rock!"

"As for your first question Friday, I can't say that I really have an enemy. I mean there are plenty of girls that swim with us that are nasty and rude. I have to be honest and tell you that I don't get along with too many females my age. I think I'm just too young to have an enemy yet, but now that I've said it, I'm sure one will turn up soon!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThegnAnsgar View Post
To writers:

1. Are there any sort of films or literature that give you some sort of muse/ideas in regards to writing your character?

2. Are there any particular songs that motivate you to write?

To characters:

@ThegnAnsgar,

I'd have to answer both your questions in one big lump! I am honestly boring I guess. To write I have to tune everything out, I can't have any distractions so it's all self motivated writings that come from me! Once I sit down Films/Literature aren't really the first thing that I pull from when I write, I like to plop myself into my character's 'pants' and stroll through the threads that have been set up for them. I suppose there *has* to be influences from tv/music/movies/books but I just can't pick a specific few a this moment in time. Sorry if that was the worst answer ever!

Abrielle is once again staring over Kiera's shoulder at the screen. "I know my father and mother had some individuals they weren't very fond of, I do understand why, but I can't say that I'd ever want them dead. Maybe that's my immaturity and inexperience talking you know? I am sure that I'll bump into someone, someday, who threatens my family or my people and our way of life. When that day comes, I promise, I'll have no issues with setting the record straight that I won't be one to be walked on. I'm still cute though. Don't forget the cuteness Kiera, write all that in, ... thanks for writing what I'm saying."

After a moments pause she adds. @Friday ... I think I found my worst enemy. I'm glaring at her right now ..."

-----------------------------------

I see that's all the questions for now! Again, I'm sorry for being MONTHS behind, I swear I didn't mean it. Thank you Jenn for allowing me to post here after so long.

Also, thank you anyone who reads this for giving me the chance to explain ... Abby says thanks to all the people who think we aren't lame.

Last edited by Kiera; 02-17-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Kiera is offline   Reply With Quote