Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn
Default 8/11: Maldwyn Prothero and Iona Montrose Harcourt

Our Featured characters of the bi-week are Maldwyn Prothero and Iona Montrose Harcourt! In this thread you the players can ask the character's owners questions about themselves or the character!

Character Owners, feel free to add anything interesting you choose

This week:

Character: Maldwyn Prothero
Player: @Mikey ( @Maldwyn Prothero )

Character: Iona Montrose Harcourt
Player: @Lahariel (@Iona Harcourt )
Old 08-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
I AM THE SUGAR PLUM FAIRY!!!!!

....that is all.
Lahariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Maldwyn Prothero
Good Intentions Aren't Ever Rewarded

Adam
Character
Nineteen
Lacharn
Betrothed
None

Quote:
Ask me all the easy questions; and then ask Lahariel how to calculate the mass of the sun.
Maldwyn Prothero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Oh! Oh! I know this answer!

It's the same level of mass as your ego!

Am I right? Am I right? Do I get a cookie?!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Okay, okay! Serius kweshtun timez nao!

So Mikey, how many female characters are you going to try and have Ragnar sleep with during the course of this game? Are you gunning for the gold medal in Most Promiscuous Lord in Forsilvra? Is Maldwyn planning on clinching the silver? What is your plan of attack in order to beat the competition?

*Puts the mike up to him*
Old 08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Mikey

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahariel View Post
So Mikey, how many female characters are you going to try and have Ragnar sleep with during the course of this game? Are you gunning for the gold medal in Most Promiscuous Lord in Forsilvra? Is Maldwyn planning on clinching the silver? What is your plan of attack in order to beat the competition?
Actually Lahariel, I was just aiming for Ragnar to sleep with all of your characters.

Seriously though, Ragnar's relations with Faeliel was completely improvised because it was fun to rp. Since he's married to Miranda Storm, he won't try to sleep with every female character that catches his eye. So all in all, a bronze for Ragnar.

Maldwyn is the one going for the gold. If there's any chance of him sleeping with a girl he'll go for it. He's a certified sex addict with a heart of gold!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Micah Hughes
House Hughes

NPC//Jenn
Character
Fifty-Six
Caelain
Widowed
Mairsil Ena
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
He's a certified sex addict with a heart of gold!

Micah is intrigued by this, as he likes both... sex and gold. Has Maldwyn considered a rich sugar daddy?
Micah Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Maldwyn Prothero

Adam
Character
Nineteen
Lacharn
Betrothed
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Hughes View Post
Micah is intrigued by this, as he likes both... sex and gold. Has Maldwyn considered a rich sugar daddy?

Considering he neither homosexual nor in need of money, no. XD
Old 08-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Micah Hughes
House Hughes

NPC//Jenn
Character
Fifty-Six
Caelain
Widowed
Mairsil Ena
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldwyn Prothero View Post
Considering he neither homosexual nor in need of money, no. XD

But see.... Micah is not homosexual either. So... there is still time for Maldwyn to make an older man happy...
Micah Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Maldwyn Prothero

Adam
Character
Nineteen
Lacharn
Betrothed
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Hughes View Post
But see.... Micah is not homosexual either. So... there is still time for Maldwyn to make an older man happy...
Nope, xD Sorry, but there are plenty of young Lacharn men who probably need money that Micah can pimp out!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

And what lady does maldwyn want to make happy?

And what character does your character really want to thread with? (both)
Old 08-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

I think an Iona x Elanor thread is in order at some point. Given the whole nature of things in general and the fact that Iona lost two opportunities to interact with the woman (mostly because I didn't exist yet at the time).
Old 08-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Maldwyn Prothero

Adam
Character
Nineteen
Lacharn
Betrothed
None

Quote:
And what lady does maldwyn want to make happy?

And what character does your character really want to thread with? (both)
In terms of marriage, Maldwyn believes that you should settle down with someone you love. Unfortunately for Maldwyn, he's never felt anything deeper than physical attraction for women. So he's not sure what kind of person he'll marry in the future--and he knows he's expected to marry, so that scares him. He wants to make his mother happy so he'll probably settle with a marriage with a political asset with some complaining and kicking.

At this moment, Maldwyn really wants to thread with Adrien Fontenot. There's stuff that they will probably have in common, like a lot of responsibility at a young age, albeit Adrien got the short end of the stick. Maldwyn also wants to know what kind of person his sister is marrying, so there's that. ;P
Old 08-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Deirdre Faerald
A bird can sing but the wind is stronger

Jenn
Character
Fifteen
Caelain
Single
N/A

If your character could bring only one object with them on a journey, what would they pick?

What's your greatest inspiration when you write this character (music, a series, a particular character concept, etc.)?
Deirdre Faerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Lahariel
The Devil's Advocate

Lahariel
Character
Legal
Forsilvra
None
None
N/A

Eeee!! Questions!!

Iona: I would bring my husband. Sure, he’s not really an ‘object’…but he’s extremely useful for many things! Many, many things.

As far as inspiration for Iona specifically, I will totally admit that I adore Robert Downey Jr, and was utterly shocked that no one had snapped up his wife yet. But Iona’s creation (and subsequent posting) came from more than just an awesome PB for Ian Harcourt. Her entire foundation was already laid out between Ian, Malcom, and a touch of Arianne in regards to how she was mentioned in their profiles. Also, reading Ian’s profile extensively, I was very much in love with Ian as a character. He’s a good man, a loving husband, and a solid individual as a whole. In most RPs, it’s hard to come by characters who are like that.

Iona is a unique situation for me when I write for her because I pull all of my inspiration from John. It’s the honestly the first time, and currently the only character, where all of my inspiration is focused from one sole source and not from movies, tv, or other things like the rest of the cast in my current arsenal at Forsilvra.

Even when I’m only posting with Malcom or Iridia, Iona’s actions piggyback off of her husband’s endeavors and decisions because she is his complete support. I really only listen to one song by Demi Lovato called “Give Your Heart a Break” because the song’s melody just seems to make me think of Iona. But if you listen to the lyrics there’s nothing that really makes sense to the character or her situation. If anything, Iona’s better song selections come more from Celine Dion. “The Power of Love” likely being the best song to represent her, but I don’t listen to that when I write for her.

And…yeah…I think I deviated all over the place answering this.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Maldwyn Prothero

Adam
Character
Nineteen
Lacharn
Betrothed
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre Faerald View Post
If your character could bring only one object with them on a journey, what would they pick?
I'm not sure what Maldwyn would bring, but I would have to say if it were just one thing it would be a comb.

Quote:
What's your greatest inspiration when you write this character (music, a series, a particular character concept, etc.)?
My particular inspiration for Maldwyn comes from the main character of a documentary of a Japanese host club, where men are paid a lot of money to entertain women. The main host boy, Issei, describes how he fakes relationships with women and shapes his personality to impress a lot of girls, and subsequently make a lot of money doing it (like 50,000 a night). He says that the key to his success is selling a dream relationship to the girls that he entertains. To women, Issei is the one that got away, the dream boyfriend that just never showed up, he's the one that can fulfill all of their desires--for a price. Issei has sex with a lot of women, but he never maintains a relationship that lasts. He describes that transforming yourself to be what these girls want is a very stressful process, and you always have to compliment them, advise them, comfort them, even scold them depending on how they're acting. It's all apart of tricking them into a relationship that is as good as a dream that doesn't actually exist, and costs a lot of money.

The documentary reveals that Issei's personal life suffers as a result, he's very, very lonely. His only friends are his fellow host boys, he's basically nocturnal, and constantly depressed.

Although not in the same situation. I was inspired to write Maldwyn once I watched the documentary, I think they would have plenty of the same problems. Issei entertains girls for money; Maldwyn doesn't need money, so he's simply a sex addict. Different problem, same solution, same consequence. Issei's personal life and Maldwyn's will probably come to looking very similar. Maldwyn isn't depressed just yet, but he's questioning himself and who he is because of this.

The documentary is called The Great Happiness Space, its available on Netflix.