Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn
Default 6/20: Baldwin Redwald and Arycelle Redwald!

YES IT IS BACK! The Featured Characters Interview Thread! Our Featured characters of the bi-week are Baldwin Redwald and Arycelle Redwald! In this thread you the players can ask the character's owners questions about themselves or the character!

And YES, that was using a random generator.

Character Owners, feel free to add anything interesting you choose

This week:

Character: Baldwin Redwald
Player: Aaron

Character: Arycelle Redwald
Player: Sam
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Baldwin Redwald

Aaron
Character
None
None

Feel free to ask away. I will answer all questions to the best that I am able to.
Baldwin Redwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Jenn
The Lioness of Forsilvra

Goddess
Character
Immortal
Mt Olympus
Married
Forsilvra <3
N/A
N/A

Send a message via AIM to Jenn

Players:

1. what was your inspiration for this character?

2. As these characters are new, what other character (ANYWHERE) do you want to RP them with and why, even if it's not realistic

Character:

1. What do you eat for breakfast?

2. What is your major regret?

3. Tell us an embarrasing story!
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Deirdre Faerald
A bird can sing but the wind is stronger

Jenn
Character
Fifteen
Caelain
Single
N/A

OOC:

1. Is there an author (or even a movie, tv show, or other piece of fiction) that you're influenced by when writing this character or setting?

2. Is there any specific music you enjoy listening to when you write, particularly for this character?

For Aaron:
3. Does Sigismund's mercenary work still affect the family? Did the lower social status of such an occupation change their reputation?

For Sam:
3. What ways does Arycelle's obsessive-compulsive disorder affect her daily life? Does she have any nervous rituals, or recurring sources of anxiety?

IC:

1. Which of your physical possessions is the most important to you?

2. What's a personality trait that you dislike in others?

3. If you could live anywhere in the world, regardless of responsibilities and not including your house's own lands, where would you go?
Deirdre Faerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Baldwin Redwald

Aaron
Character
None
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
Players:

Primarily I wanted a house to call my own, and I started thinking about things that could fit in with the Vandermark. So I settled on a combination of four different cultures; Viking, Saxon, Frankish/Norman, and Scandinavian.

I wanted them to basically have all the combinations of the four of them, and it just sort of stemmed from there.

As for inspiration for Baldwin himself, primarily that came from his PB (Liam Neeson) and the film that he was in (Kingdom of Heaven). The character in the movie was named Godfrey of Ibelin, but realistically the character was based on the crusader Baldwin of Ibelin (hence the name Baldwin), and he's somewhat based on his historical persona (obviously it's hard to know a lot about a dead person who much has not been recorded, but I tried my best to include some things).

Quote:
2. As these characters are new, what other character (ANYWHERE) do you want to RP them with and why, even if it's not realistic
Hmm... To be honest this is actually a pretty tough question for me. There's so many characters I'd like to RP with, but because I don't just like to do spur of the moment things, I want to try to figure out a way the two could reasonably meet.

So I guess... Every character.

Quote:
Character:

"Well to start, I wake up very early in the morning to catch the sunrise as it comes over the horizon. After this is done, I have the cooks prepare me a bowl of warm porridge, day old bread, cracklings of bacon, and occasionally if there's any, two fresh eggs."

Quote:
"With the recent events in the capital, my major regret is not listening to Dione regarding Arycelle and her training. I don't have a regret about the training itself, more of the fact that I spoiled her with it. Now she insists she's in love with this suckling Alysworth boy, who still has the taste of his mother's milk on his lips. First she begs me when she was little to teach her how to fight, how to use a bow, now she begs me that she wants to marry him and be like a lady.

So my major regret is spoiling her, because now I get no thanks..."

Quote:
"I presume this question is for my daughter, because I have no embarrassing stories, and you should not ask a man of my age something like this. It's unseemly."

Quote:
OOC:

1. Is there an author (or even a movie, tv show, or other piece of fiction) that you're influenced by when writing this character or setting?
Basically Kingdom of Heaven's Godfrey, and the historical Baldwin of Ibelin.

Quote:
2. Is there any specific music you enjoy listening to when you write, particularly for this character?
Tonnes. Basically every single track by Turisas, and Battlelore. Throw in some Blind Guardian into the mix, and it makes for an exciting time.

Quote:
For Aaron:
3. Does Sigismund's mercenary work still affect the family? Did the lower social status of such an occupation change their reputation?
Well, it affects the family in that Baldwin has stressed to his children the importance of not being so keen on wanting to go to war. You end up doing horrible things, and you die a horrible death.

The status thing has not been so much of an issue, as the Redwalds have (prior to Baldwin becoming the head of the family) almost always been known for their mercenary work. Generally second, third, fourth, etc. sons would do this to gain both military experience and to see the world. Sigismund simply took it to another level, doing any job, as long as they were paid.

Quote:
IC:

"I am not the kind of person that really cares much about physical possessions, but I would say that my sword and axe are the most important, both for what they mean as status symbols, and for what they can do. While I am not keen about war, if it comes down to it, I will fight to my hardest and make it as fierce as it can be."

Quote:
"I dislike people who are able, but will not work. Laziness essentially. If I as a noble, will go and do things that others would not prefer to do; like diving into the water to prevent a shark from drowning my men, then everyone should do so. There is no work that is beneath any man, because all of that work comes together to benefit all... Even cleaning up after horses."

Quote:
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, regardless of responsibilities and not including your house's own lands, where would you go?
"I have lived in the Vale for a very long time, and I enjoy it greatly here. However I have always had a longing; since I was a lad, to live in Sarmartia among their horses."
Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Arycelle Redwald

Sam
Character
None
None

OOC Qs:

Quote:
It was Aaron actually, he asked if I wanted to play his daughter (whether jokingly or not) and I thought I'd give it a shot; he gave me a quick rundown of how he pictured her and I set to. Mine turned out a little different in posting (the thread with Valen being a source of argument) in the way I plan on, and am playing her. I also watched Brooke Williams in Legend of the Seeker (my PB) to gain a feel for how she'd be 'perceived' and took that into account. She definately the kind of character that in some ways I've made match up with the PB, in that she is full of innocence, but has a certain spark that shines in different situations. She is calm, collected, shy, but she can have quite a temper and be emboldened by a situational shift.

I'd say she was a mix of elements, mainly from Arianne Martell and Brienne of Tarth from Ice and Fire. She wants to viewed as an adult, but she still has that youth in her heart that can, and will have a hold over her actions, no matter what she does. She is a fierce fighter, and can be very commanding, but there's no suppressing the little girl she actually is.

Quote:
I'm only just finding my feet as Arycelle, and to be honest, right now, I really want to have her interact with her family, that being Baldwin and Desmond so far. So far I've had a lot of fun with Pixie, and explored a new angle on my character, undocumented in my profile, I'd definately like to continue that, but look forward to developing who she is when there is no "new" feelings for her to act on. Other than that, I'm actually open for anything at all, with anyone.

Quote:
In terms of writing, my inspiration can be rooted with J.R.R. Tolkien and George R.R. Martin, with a fair bit of Luo Guanzhong in there too. Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire, Three Kingdoms and Water Margin have all been powerful drives in my writing. When writing as characters I'm usually motivated entirely by empathy and getting away from my everyday life. I put myself in her shoes, and try my best to become, act and respond as Ary. Anything I know of the game beyond her ceases to be, and I try to be entirely in the moment of play. That, in a nutshell, was possibly an answer to a different question.

Quote:
To avoid making a seriously long list, I'll give only a couple of 'main' ones. I have a tendancy to listen to Loreena McKennitt and My Morning Jacket when writing for Ary more times than not.

Quote:
3. What ways does Arycelle's obsessive-compulsive disorder affect her daily life? Does she have any nervous rituals, or recurring sources of anxiety?
Her OCD shows form mainly in how she organises, examples of this include ordering clothes by colour, weapons by size. She cannot be tidy without sticking to such simple and repetitive proceedure.

When anxious she bites on her fingernails. She gets really anxious on ships, but goes beyond anxiety when the risk of falling off deck is present, due to her phobia.

IC Qs:

Quote:
"We never have anything routine, I eat whatever I'm given, I'm not too fussed, usually whatever dad's having on that day. If I had a choice for something regular though, I'd go with smoked bacon or ham with eggs, a nice way to start the day I think. And bread! Always a bit of bread."

Quote:
"We never seem to get out much, going to the capital has been my first real trip, and I love meeting new people! I love making friends, but I don't have enough confidence to act on it. Making conversation with so many new people is hard for me, I wish it wasn't. Dad didn't like me getting to know Valen Alysworth though...he's so overprotective when it comes to him!"

Quote:
"Ugh, do I have to? Hmm... If I had to say something it would be that I'm the only Redwald who doesn't get excited at the prospect of boats. I get a lot of critiscm and very little understanding for that. It's embarrassing when they all point it out."

Quote:
"My bow, when I hold it I feel empowered, the same can be said for my axe I guess. Valen gave me his broach too when I was in the capital...it makes me feel better, when I'm feeling lonely, or the rest of the family is giving me a hard time."

Quote:
"Condescension, I don't like being talked down to, it's a big turn off. I don't like cruelty either, why be like that?"

Quote:
"I love the capital, but there's so much to the place I can't get my head around. I don't actually know where I'd go, right now I'm content with my family in the Vale, but then there's Valen...maybe Caelain. Definately not Arbrecht though, there's so much war up there."
Arycelle Redwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Tink
everyone but us is an enemy

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

I have a few questions!!! Well more like two. *fails*

1. What is your character's favorite possession?
2. If they could have sexytimes with anyone IC (IGNORING MARITAL TIES) who would it be?
3. What are your pet peeves?!

Ok that's all. *fails*
Born on the seventeenth
His sister's beautiful
He has his father's eyes
And if you ask me if I love him
I'd lie.
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Baldwin Redwald

Aaron
Character
None
None

1. He doesn't really have one. I guess one of the ships he owns?
2. His wife obviously. He's not into the whole swinging thing, plus he's pretty old these days.
3. That there aren't many people asking questions.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Arycelle Redwald

Sam
Character
None
None

Quote:
1. What is your character's favorite possession?
Valen Alysworth gave her his cloak broach in Forsilvra, it's the first boy she's had chance to be intimate with in her life, so him parting with one of his own possessions to show his devotion, has made it her most significant and moving possession.

Quote:
2. If they could have sexytimes with anyone IC (IGNORING MARITAL TIES) who would it be?
I'm too new here to know many characters by personality, so I actually have no idea, both in character and out, no clue. I've been having a lot of fun with Pixie (Valen) beyond the site, hopefully we'll get some of that stuff on the forum as our characters interact and develop more.

Quote:
3. What are your pet peeves?!
I'm assuming you mean real life ones. Smokers, when I actually venture out beyond my walls I hope for fresh air, not tar in my lungs. The infamous fake excessive laugh is another, makes me cringe. There's a couple.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 PM
CrowMn

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Hello everyone and welcome to the inaugural episode of CrowMn Q&A. I'm Brian CrowMn. Let's get right into things, shall we? Arycelle... Baldwin... my favorite alphabetically arranged Redwalds, by the way. I have only one in character question for you both.

Here's the situation: Baldwin, you know that point where you're so drunk you know you should stop drinking because you might wake up in a pool of not only your bodily fluids but someone elses? Yeah, well you're roughly three mugs of ale past that point. You've got a knife and you're convinced that your other arm is completely gone. It's not but you're really drunk and easily persuaded so as far as you're concerned, you only have one arm and in the last hour, you've grown to accept it. Can't have you having a drunken freak out over missing arms. This is serious business here, Baldwin!

Now Arycelle, you've got a sword but it's really dull and the point is kind of worn out. You're not even sure if it's really a sword. It's in such bad condition you might actually think you just picked up a long piece of scrap metal and that really bothers you because now you're wondering why anyone would bother putting a hilt on scrap metal. Baldwin drunkenly stumbles into your peripherals while this pondering is going on and you both lock eyes. You know what this means. Now you two have to fight to the death. Those are the rules.

Which one of you wins?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Arycelle Redwald

Sam
Character
None
None

That's an interesting question haha. I could take old paps under those circumstances, if I push him he falls and fails to get back up. A sharp blow on the head would spark him out; assuming I didn't just stand opposite and just watch him defeat himself that is. If he does "win", then he'll sober up to find he's butchered his only daughter and then drown himself in depression. They're both good fighters, only Baldwin's skill is crippled by his spaghetti legs. I win, paps better keep his head out of the family booze cellar.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Baldwin Redwald

Aaron
Character
None
None

My arm, qmy arpm! perhwe iis my arm! Oh nao, ihs that fa grunikm over there with ua sword? I msut fight herr with my knifte. I will sdwing and sewing and sniwg ajnd swing kand hhack to cispee. Their dull swornd does nothcing tdo me. I am invincibible!