Genna Costayne
House Costayne

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

"Something mysterious or sweet then," Genna said, musing on the idea. "Like... Aelyth or maybe after a flower? Ooh, or something long and far-off sounding..." She put her hand in Myra's willingly and followed her lead toward her father.

She curtsied to Jaeryth too, but a half a beat later she was at his side. "We're thinking up names, my lord. For a lady. Do you know any good ones? It should be pretty and maybe from far away because she's come to a mysterious new place and there might be Dunixi's children and everything..."
Who made to me a curtsy
I gave her cakes, I gave her wine,
I gave her sugar-candy
But oh, the naughty little maid
She ask't me for some brandy!
Genna Costayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:27 AM
Jaeryth Costayne
fire and blood

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Jaeryth's smile widened for Myra and Genna's approach and he sat up to pull Genna onto hos lap and put an arm around her. He kissed her forehead and pushed a lock of hair back off her face. "So, a name for a lady?" He glanced at Myra with a raised brow but returned his focus to Genna. "I imagine you could find plenty of names in the history books- and I imagine Blueberry might know a few from far-off land as well."

He returned his gaze to Myrah. "And how is our other guest doing this evening?" he asked her, his voice a touch quieter.

Jaeryth Costayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Myra Todd
The Luckiest Little NPC

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Something too long or too fanciful would never do. She'd be likely to forget before long, then she'd be nothing more than a foolish girl without a name. Myra flushed deeper when the lord asked about their game. It hadn't been something for him to overhear. It had been a silly idea from the start anyway, not the kind of thing a woman grown was supposed to be playing at.

"It's nothin', m'lord, just a game we were playin'..." Myra tried to put the subject behind them. She could feel his eyes on her, but years of habit wouldn't let her raise them from the floor. It took a moment for her to realize the guest he was referring to was her. Startled, she raised her head without thinking. "Me? I've been lookin' after the lady as best I can, m'lord. If I haven't-- If I've displeased you..."

She bowed her head again, her face feeling as hot as a coal bed. Her grief gnawed at her, but she had tried so hard not to let it overcome her... Had she failed so soon?

"It's a lovely party. Everyone seems very happy," she finished in a small voice.
Myra Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Genna Costayne
House Costayne

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Genna giggled with delight as Jaer put her on his lap- she was Lady of Glodhet! Still her eyes went from Myra to Jaeryth and back again, realizing there was something she hadn't heard somehow but not sure what it was. Why'd Myra think she was in trouble?

"You aren't displeased are you, my lord?" she asked Jaeryth, her expression showing her confusion. "It's a good game, I thought..."
Who made to me a curtsy
I gave her cakes, I gave her wine,
I gave her sugar-candy
But oh, the naughty little maid
She ask't me for some brandy!
Genna Costayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Jaeryth Costayne
fire and blood

Player
Character
None
None
N/A
N/A

Jaeryth smiled, and gestured for Myra to take a seat. "You could never displease, my lady. Relax, you are not in a Sterlyn court now."

He glanced down at Genna. "It is a good game. Perhaps it will help you to learn names of kings and queens of this land- and of others. Names are important things, sweetling, as you well know."

Jaeryth Costayne is offline   Reply With Quote