PDA

View Full Version : RP Open or Closed?

Victor Castell
05-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Please take a minute to vote! If you could select one of the options or explain. Basically, do you want the rp forums visible to the general public?

In general, I'd like the public to be able to see what type of writing we do here, but I'm not sure I wanted the more sordid stuff (if posted) to be public.

So I figured I'd see what everyone else thought and go from there.

Thanks! <3

Conor
05-17-2009, 11:50 AM
I agree, I think it wouldn't hurt it some things were public naturally the sordid dirty things shouldn't be public. But it wouldn't bother me to have the writing public.

Lorrella Leiham
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I generally dislike when RPGs are all locked because I want to see how good the writing is before I join, but I respect those who want the dirty stuff locked down. So if there was some way to do both that would probably be ideal.

Celeste Castell
05-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I very rarely ever joined an rp that I couldn't see some of the writing, unless of course I knew the people involved. I think that we should have some of them opened to give visitors a general idea of how we all write, but yeah ... probably not a good idea to have some of the more sordid stuff open. Can you do that?

Victor Castell
05-17-2009, 02:28 PM
I only can if I make separate forums for those posts

Celeste Castell
05-17-2009, 02:51 PM
that might be too much trouble ... we could always just to make sure to post a warning on the posts if there is a need

aloris007
05-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Well, how about this: I understand that writing a sex scene might take a bit of time, but after it's all said and done, it can be moved to a forum that's locked from guest view? I.E. I write a scene with another author, and after we're done, it gets locked and moved to a general forum that's marked NC-17 or some other codename...something amusing please and something that not just anybody can decipher. Don't want anybody getting in trouble in case some parents manage to walk up behind somebody (I'm thinking for those younger crew who might still have to live under their parents' roof).

Once the topic gets moved, we can still reference it and the only way guests can see it is during the actual moment of posting. Once the "dirty" is done, the authors can start another topic like "So, then they proceeded to breakfast," or somesuch, and continue the RP like normal?

Leonard Althalos Lorterra
05-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Count me with the "most open, dirty stuff unseen" group. I think that would be best for anyone who stops in on a work computer as a guest, anyway. I haven't done that, but I don't know if someone might. Don't want anyone getting in trouble!

Fletcher Leiham
05-24-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm also going to agree that I'd be more inclined to join a group if I knew what was going on and I could read the story. Giving someone the chance to read the stories we're creating and to see if they like where we are heading may help us gain more characters in the longrun. I know this! http://www.silversenshi.net/forsilvra/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Smut should probibly be hidden though, I agree with this as well.

Victor Castell
05-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Well actually, I took care of this. If you'll notice the "Solbra Private" forum which should probably read the Gyllene Private (I'll fix that) it's guest-proof. Every other forum in that category is visible. If you have a post that's going in that direction or you know it will go in that direction, either post it there or have one of the mods move it there.